All Forums
 68k Conquests
 On the scrounge....
Author Topic  
SiliconValleyPirate

United Kingdom
273 Posts
Posted - 24 May 2002 :  08:03:41
Whilst getting my map printed for my final year project in our Universirty Cartography Dept. I noticed a redundant PowerMac 7500 sitting in the guys office who was handling my printing (he is also the manager of the Cartography unit). He has a PowerBook G4 and everyone else in the unit has a G3 or G4 desktop.
I thought nothing more of it until this morning (GMT) when I was thinking about not being able to afford anymore Mac stuff (I've just bought an LC630 and TV Kit and a stack of other misc. bits for £85) and I remebered this Mac. I decided, seeing as they are the only Apple powered concdern on the main campus, to ask this guy if he had any redundant Mac gear slopping around he wanted to shift. Sure enought he has 3 PowerMacs and a IIci. I dunno what I'll have to pay to get them off him but I will almost certainly get the IIci thrown on free.

I'll keep you guys posted on the IIci.

--
Mark Benson

Visit FlatPackMacs Online
http://fpm.gotdns.com

We have feets

Wooohoo! I have a green star

Macs Liberated = 10

G4from128k

USA
873 Posts
Posted - 24 May 2002 :  08:38:56
Good luck on scrounging that IIci and contraband.

Now, if an LC is a Pizzab... I mean err, a Flat Pack Mac, then a IIci is a .... Half Pack Mac? or Squat Box Mac? or Hat Box Mac? or ...???

g4from128k

------------
-- The Liberated: PB 190cs, Outbound 2030E, Performa 450
-- The Originals: 128k, Mac II
-- The Contraband: 7585e & 8575G3 FrankenMacs, Pismo PB, G4/450 AGP Tower mit Cinema DisplayGo to Top of Page

SiliconValleyPirate

United Kingdom
273 Posts
Posted - 25 May 2002 :  01:34:23
Well I suppose you could call it a PowerBrick Mac, Tower Block Mac or even a Mac Tank?

Either way I now probably have 2 IIcis and 2 6500s and an 840av so I could go for a city skyline :)

I mentioned the LC630, it is sort of a liberation as it was jammed in a cupboard and cost me peanuts really. It was the complete, boxed Apple TV/Video kit I had to pay a king's ransom for, £35GB!! Anyhoo, I'm hoping it might have a tasty NuBus grahpics card in as it's a map work shop so it might be a cool pick-up :).

--
Mark Benson

We have feets

Macs Liberated = 10

Edited by - SiliconValleyPirate on 25 May 2002 01:35:16Go to Top of Page

SiliconValleyPirate

United Kingdom
273 Posts
Posted - 29 May 2002 :  05:12:00
Well I got the stuff. I bought a 7200 and a 7500 for £85 and got a 7100 and a IIci thrown in free :).

The IIci has the follwing spec:

20MB RAM
Original 80MB hard disk
Radius Precicion 8 Color card
Asante AUI/10baseT NIC
2x Original Extended Keyboard IIs

I think I landed a live one here, I just need to clean the dust bunnies out of it and clean the outside if the case. I have exams until June 11th though .

BTW, anyone got an idea where I can get Radius Precision 8 drivers for the card, I tried Radiusware 3.3.x and it doesn't work fully. It has some drivers on it I think but I don't know what they are and I'd like a full set if anyone can tell me where to get them.

--
Mark Benson

We have feets

Macs Liberated = 10

Edited by - siliconvalleypirate on 29 May 2002 05:18:17Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 29 May 2002 :  06:54:46
quote:

I think I landed a live one here, I just need to clean the dust bunnies out of it and clean the outside if the case. I have exams until June 11th though .
quote:

sounds like! good luck with the new liberations and better luck in exams in the meantime!

BTW, anyone got an idea where I can get Radius Precision 8 drivers for the card, I tried Radiusware 3.3.x and it doesn't work fully. It has some drivers on it I think but I don't know what they are and I'd like a full set if anyone can tell me where to get them.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/vid-mon-matrix.html

i don' have time to look now, is that one of the cards that needs the 1.1 ROM (Rev#?) upgrade for the later drivers?

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 29 May 2002 :  08:42:30
quote:
BTW, anyone got an idea where I can get Radius Precision 8 drivers for the card, I tried Radiusware 3.3.x and it doesn't work fully.

I just uploaded Radius SuperVideo 3.1 to QuadraJet's mirror server (68k.dns2go.com) last night. They include specifics for your card and should work fine!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

SiliconValleyPirate

United Kingdom
273 Posts
Posted - 06 Jun 2002 :  16:23:53
Thx dude. I'll test it after the exams. I have a full plate at the moment.

--
Mark Benson

FlatPackMacs

2nd Lieutenant - 68kMLA
LC Quartermaster
Flat Packing Macs for 68k MLA airlift excercises

Macs Liberated = 14!Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.