General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 Next thousand visitors!
Author Topic  
~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 22 May 2002 :  18:28:01
Well, we beat 188,000 finally, only a few more till we break the big 0.2 million mark! Invite your friends, neighbours and mothers-in-law to 68kmla.com!

</paid advertisement>
FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 22 May 2002 :  18:31:25
I've used Beseen counters in the past, and know that, when you register for it, you are permitted to set the starting number for it. So you could start with 300 instead of zero. Did you, by any chance, augment the starting number?

--------------------
keeper of the website and beholder of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™
--------------------Go to Top of Page

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 22 May 2002 :  21:30:09
Yeah, I augmented the counter with the value of hits that the main page had, which is naturally tracked by the provider. However, it means that nobody else can actually see the value, that's why the counter is there.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City
Go to Top of Page

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 23 May 2002 :  13:16:05
hmm. OK.
Would signing up more user IDs help?
I could sign up a couple more.

http://scchicago.dynodns.net
MyForumOnDelphi:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/scchicago
NOTE:HL AND HTTP SERVER ARE ONLY AVAILIBLE WHEN I'M ONLINE
AIM:scchicago87
Yahoo!IM:scchicagoGo to Top of Page

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 23 May 2002 :  17:57:24
Only if you promise to keep visiting the main page as each of your alter-egos...

Mayor of NuBus City
Go to Top of Page

G4from128k

USA
873 Posts
Posted - 24 May 2002 :  07:08:31
quote:

Only if you promise to keep visiting the main page as each of your alter-egos...

Mayor of NuBus City

Hmmm.. Creating multiple screen names and posting under all these names has some interesting implications.

It certainly sounds like a great idea for all of use with borderline (or more than borderline) multiple personalities (No, its a bad idea! Yes, its a great idea! No, its a bad idea! ,, ....). I know that I argue with myself all the time. With multiple screen names, I could argue with myself online and the 68kMLA would benefit!

We could even copy the scandalous behavior of some of the U.S energy trading firms (e.g., Enron, Dynergy, and CMS) that set up phony round-trip trades to boost their trading volume figures . I could post some 68k trinkets under one screen name, respond with extreme interest under another screen name, and then consummate the deal by moving the shtuff from one room of my house to another (no shipping charges).

This could get very interesting.

g4from128k

------------
-- The Liberated: PB 190cs, Outbound 2030E, Performa 450
-- The Originals: 128k, Mac II
-- The Contraband: 7585e & 8575G3 FrankenMacs, Pismo PB, G4/450 AGP Tower mit Cinema DisplayGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.