All Forums
 Lounge
 Pgen
Author Topic  
shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 21 May 2002 :  02:31:52
I have moved to Powergen for my internet access. They provide access for applemac and I hope tyo soon have my Quadra 840av online. They send you a cd for your pc but when it arrived it had a phone number for apple mac registration. I phoned this number and was told that the number had changed. I phoned the new number and was told that the servers were down. I phoned the number the next day and was told the servers were down. I emailed Powergen and asked if they would provide apple mac connection. They replied quoting the same number as the cd(the number which has changed).:-(

I am annoyed by all of this.

Powergen are an American company and they own about 40% of the uk power industry!!!!!!

Just thought all this might interest other people.

I have tried setting up my mac to use Powergen but there must be something I am missing. It claims to be connected but when I try to use Netscape it claims that netscape cannot create a "socket connection" what am I doing wrong? am I best to wait for Powergen? will Powergen ever get their servers back online?

a next installment seems inevitable...................

shaktiman

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 21 May 2002 :  17:04:29
I get the same problem with MSN on my PC. Their servers are probably down. I'd just switch ISPs although I don't know of any that are 68k friendly.

http://scchicago.dynodns.net
MyForumOnDelphi:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/scchicago
NOTE:HL AND HTTP SERVER ARE ONLY AVAILIBLE WHEN I'M ONLINE
AIM:scchicago87
Yahoo!IM:scchicagoGo to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 21 May 2002 :  18:19:27
They shouldn't have to be "68k friendly" or even "Mac friendly" - an ISP is an ISP. The friendly bit refers only to tech support, I guess.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.