68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums
Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 68k Conquests
 One more liberation, and more on the way...
Author Topic  
GORDOOM

Canada
208 Posts
Posted - 15 May 2002 :  20:01:46
I was down at the U of T Swap Shop today to pick up a desk and file cabinet I'd reserved, and the Swap Shop manager comes up to me and says he has some equipment for me... we walk over to the corner, where I find an LC III system with 14" monitor, along with boxed copies of WordPerfect 2.1 and 3.0, all gratis... another tick in the "Liberation" column? Or is this just another acquisition?

Anyway, I got it home, and it booted up perfectly. 8/80 configuration with an Apple 10-BASE-T Ethernet card, and looks to be running OS 7.1. I'll want to boost the RAM and HD, but it's worth having even for the Ethernet card.

Also, there are prospects for two more Macs on the way:
1. Also at the Swap Shop, there will probably be a Mac Portable system coming available soon, maybe next week. This one I'll probably have to pay for, but it sounds like a good system, really complete... printer and all!
2. In the musty recesses of the storage room in my rez, there's an old Quadra 840... it doesn't look to be claimed by anyone, but Tom (the head porter) and I can't be sure, of course. However, the storage room may be getting cleaned out sometime soon, and if that does indeed come to pass, and no one claims it...

GORDOOM
Commander, Academic Operations Reserve
(University of Toronto, St. George Campus)
total Macs liberated: 14
(as of January 7, 2002)

"...the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 15 May 2002 :  21:07:49
Well - you know the rules - if it appears that the Mac was unloved then yes, it is a liberation. Good on you! Portable AND an 840AV too, good luck.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City
Go to Top of Page

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.