68k Conquests
 defective eBay $1 Centris 610 arrives
Author Topic  
Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 15 May 2002 :  17:21:24
well my pathetic little $1 Centris 610's arrival today was exciting until i tried to start it up. fired up OK, but no disk access, so i opened it up and discovered it wasn't at all as advertised. i was really anticipating the arrival of my new baby C610 and i was surprised to find . . . . the little POS turned out to BE A BABY QUADRA! dang it! who needs ethernet, a copro and speed!?! i paid good money for a Centris . . .

. . . maybe i'll live with it!

jt . .

GORDOOM

Canada
208 Posts
Posted - 15 May 2002 :  19:49:57
So, you're saying that you paid $1 and got a fully-functional (though hard-disk-less) Quadra 610? No fair!
(Or am I totally misunderstanding?)

Then again, I'm not exactly so hard-done-by... a couple more liberations coming my way... including an outside shot at getting the Holy Grail...
But more on that in another thread.

GORDOOM
Commander, Academic Operations Reserve
(University of Toronto, St. George Campus)
total Macs liberated: 14
(as of January 7, 2002)

"...the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 15 May 2002 :  20:39:11
Well, it's still for good for parts, isn't it? You can use the mobo or case for a hack.
How much did you spend in shipping?

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 15 May 2002 :  22:23:08
quote:

Well, it's still for good for parts, isn't it? You can use the mobo or case for a hack.
How much did you spend in shipping?

the shipping cost 16 times the purchase price! it's a fully functional full blown Quadra 610 in disguise, it had a C610 case but it's got a 68040-25, an AAUI connector a couple of SIMMS of undetermined size and a NuBus adapter! the freakin' thing even drives the poortrait monitor! it came from a school district and i think somebody screwed the formatting on the drive trying to get around a password, the HDD may be fine, but it's probably microscopic anyway.

no cd tho

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.