General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 Attention: Bargain hunters!
Author Topic  
LeeMac
Trading Post Commander

USA
202 Posts
Posted - 15 May 2002 :  13:52:11
With the start of the warmer weather here in the U.S. many cities, churchs and neighborhood will be holding rummage sales to clear out the crap and raise sum extra cash. These sales are great resources to get old Macs and other goodies as can be witnessed in the 68k conquest forum. My city just had a city wide garge sale at our community center that I unfortunately missed do to other obligations, but I heard that there was a lot of computer stuff going dirt cheap. There are other sales that are to be starting in the next few weeks that I am hopeing to get to! Check with your city and other surrounding cities for their community calender and look for garage sales, rummage sales and other opportunities to liberate the poor, neglected, and down troddin 68k Mac computer.

General LeeMac M.A.C ( Mac Action Commando)
Trading Post Commander
68k's Liberated 0004
www.68kmla.com

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 15 May 2002 :  13:58:15
So, the only deal I've found is a local guy selling a PowerBook 190cs (the best model) for $50. I'm kinda short on cash though, but it would be an upgrade from my Duo 280c...well, except for the crappy dual-scan LCD. If anybody's interested in it, let me know and maybe I can work something out.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!

Edited by - cinemafia on 15 May 2002 14:01:26Go to Top of Page

G4from128k

USA
873 Posts
Posted - 15 May 2002 :  14:42:14
LeeMac is absolutely right, rummage sales are a great way to score unappreciated = cheap Macs (unless the sellor is convinced that their Mac Plus is "the first macintosh ever and a genuine vintage collectable antique" or because they paid umpteen thousand for it new, its got to be hundreds). In the past few weekends it seems that at least 25% of the garage sales have had a Mac (but I have too little space to buy them all ).

Also if the price seems a little steep on saturday morning, come back around closing time. If the goods are still there you can usually negotiate. Of course, "you snooze, you lose" applies (I've kicked myself more than a few times for not buying stuff on the spot). But I figure that if someone else is willing to pay the original asking price, then that Mac is going to a good home.

Happy Hunting,

g4from128k

------------
-- The Liberated: PB 190cs, Outbound 2030E, Performa 450
-- The Originals: 128k, Mac II
-- The Contraband: 7585e & 8575G3 FrankenMacs, Pismo PB, G4/450 AGP Tower mit Cinema DisplayGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.