68k Software
 Doom II
Author Topic  
cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 09 May 2002 :  10:12:04
I've been playing Doom II on my Duo 280c alot lately...too much, in fact. Yesterday I was playing after work for almost two straight hours...gads!

Anyway, I'm up to the 7th level, which is damned difficult. There's these two juggernauts with rocket launchers on platforms in the middle of an area. When you finally kill them, some doors open and those robotic spiders come out...I can't seem to get past those buggers. Anybody got any tips?

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 09 May 2002 :  10:29:20
The easy way: Type in "IDDQD"

The hard way: Get them to follow you and then back around the walkway on the outside of the arena while holding down the fire key and strafing to avoid their shots. (Assuming we are both talking about the same level.)

AnubisTTP
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 09 May 2002 :  10:40:07
quote:
Get them to follow you and then back around the walkway on the outside of the arena while holding down the fire key and strafing to avoid their shots. (Assuming we are both talking about the same level.)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we are. See, here's the thing: I have a saved game right after I killed the first juggernaut with the rocket launchers, all but one weapon and full ammo but only about 36% health. Then, I have another saved game with 100% health and full ammo, but only the super-shotgun. That's sorta fine against the juggernauts, but sucks against the spiders because of the reload time.

I may just try that cheat code, do I do that during gameplay or while paused...?

Regular Disappear!

Edited by - cinemafia on 09 May 2002 10:44:23Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 09 May 2002 :  11:18:29
Hey, Anubis, do you have any cheat codes for Wolfenstein 3D?

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 09 May 2002 :  11:55:48
On Wolfenstein 3D SE I've got it saved on level...uh...I think it's 3-4. It's the one where you go into this room filled with those robots with the guns in their stomachs, two dogs and this big huge guy who throws molitov cocktails. Can't seem to get passed that part, because when I saved it I had tons of guns but no ammo!!!

Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 09 May 2002 :  14:27:09
Yeah, I found a saved game on my new Duo 280c that is the last level in the "Die, Fuhrer, Die" scenario. It has a bunch of those fat Nazis throwing syringes, I can't get past them.

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 10 May 2002 :  06:19:19
For Wolfenstein the god code is LEDOUX I think. I am pretty sure you type the codes in while the game is running.

If I remember correctly, all of the big guys in Wolfenstein fight the same way. They have a maximium range they will attack you at, and to kill them, you stay farther away from them than their maximium range. Most of the boss levels have a big area in them somewhere where you can just keep running in a circle to stay past the bad guys maximium range and pick them to death with the chaingun.

AnubisTTP

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 10 May 2002 :  07:16:40
"xuscnieppla" is another wolf3D code.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City
Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 10 May 2002 :  11:04:29
Alright, I passed level 7 in Doom II, the hard way. I've got it saved on Level 8 now (Tricks and Traps), at the point where I've gone through every room (and picked up every item in those rooms) except for the two locked doors (red and yellow keycard access) and the room that's filled with thosed horned, hoofed beasts. How the heck do I get through there? As soon as you open the door and fire a shot or walk in, one or two of the horned beasts teleport behind you (into the center of the level) and start beating the life out of you before you can pull the trigger. Is there some secret passageway I've missed?

shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 10 May 2002 :  14:23:11
HIYA, my name is
Hiya my name is
Hiya, my name is
(thinck brummie accent)Robrt Dudley

What is a duo 280c?

You should ditch doom and buy a 4 meg ste with 68030 cpu to play Substation.

shaktimanGo to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 10 May 2002 :  16:01:03
quote:
What is a duo 280c?

Apple history's 280c specs

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 10 May 2002 :  19:24:03
when playing Doom type "iddoomsucks".

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 11 May 2002 :  06:02:50
Unfortunately I do not remember what to do on that level. That probably means I got fed up and put in the god code which is not much of a help.

AnubisTTP

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 12 May 2002 :  19:29:03
Thanks Anubis, I beat Wolfenstein 3D with the god code.
Hitler was surprisingly easier to kill than any of the other Nazis on the level.

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 13 May 2002 :  08:59:26
Well, I got passed it. Now I'm almost completely through level 10, the Refeuling Base, and haven't had to use that God code yet!!

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.