PowerBook
 Project Ocelot: Complete!
Author Topic  
cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  11:23:14
Over the weekend I put the finishing touches on my Duo 280c. I swapped the good battery terminal in so that it can use batteries, and I received the 2GB, 5,400 rpm SCSI drive I recently won off eBay and put it in my external MiniDrive case so that I could boot the Duo from it, use FWB Toolkit to re-format the 500MB internal drive (as precautionary maintenance) and put OS 8.1 and a ton of games on it.

Only thing is it still won't boot from any of the three batteries I have (2 type 3's and 1 type 2), so I may need the external battery charger to see if any of these will in fact hold a charge. Other than that, though, my Duo 280c is somkin'! I take it with me everywhere now, and keep my QuickTake 150, Ethernet MidcroDock and SCSI MicroDock with it.

P.S. - I am kinda wishing I had a PowerCD. I bought an older educational CD-ROM on clearance from K-B Toys (only $5!) over the weekend that will run on a 33MHz '040 (or better), and wanted to pop it out of the box and start letting my daughter play with it before we got home, but alas, no CD-ROM drive. I could easily build an external CD-ROM from the many parts I have, but it just wouldn't be as compact (or as nifty) as a PowerCD (plus, it wouldn't run off batteries)!!!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!

Edited by - cinemafia on 06 May 2002 11:28:09

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  19:41:37
Project Ocelot? Have you been playing too much Metal Gear?

-
do you like green eggs and ham?*

*note - due to requests i put a dividing line in it looks like this "-" don't miss it... lol...Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 07 May 2002 :  09:52:35
I haven't played Metal Gear since it was on the original NES...but I dunno...I just like ocelots. And llamas!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.