68k Peripherals
 PAS 16 Drivers/Documentation
Author Topic  
Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 05 May 2002 :  20:55:51
my sound card came in but the software and manuals are from 1992! i haven't seen the old "if you are going to be running system 7" caveat in quite a while! where can i find newer drivers and docs?

my duo thinks it can do stereo, but i only have the choice of the internal speaker . . . . which ain't! i have to run this on my 2300c for now as my 230 is being held hostage by the evil ex!

installed under 8.6 in my experimental partition, if i start up the sound edit pro software (Ver. A), i get repeated alert bongs for about 30 secs. i installed it on my usual 7.5.3 boot partition and that went away, but i still can't get it up and running! arrrggghhhh!!!!!!

hey, cine'! does your PAS 16 work with your duo?

the manual seems particularly unhelpful re: installation info and you can't even choose a custom install to try to divine the installer script's intentions. blech!

here's my software:
PAS 16 MAC INSTALL Ver. 2.00
Sound Edit Pro 1.0 (Ver. A)
Trax PASSPORT for Macintosh Ver. 2.2

anybody got better drivers to post a source link or to email to me?

jt . .

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  09:37:32
I have all the documentation and install disks for the PAS-16, and it all seems to be essentially the same as what you listed. It works fine on my IIci, but that's all I've ever successfuly used it with. I don't have a Duo Dock anymore, so I have no way to connect to my Duo to test it. I tried using it on a 7100 with OS 8.6 once and it didn't work, I hate to say this but I have a feeling it might not be PPC compatible? Or maybe just not system 8.6? I dunno yet...

I'm pretty sure that there aren't any newer drivers as the company no longer exists and there doesn't seem to be any kind of maintinaied site for the PAS-16.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!

Edited by - cinemafia on 06 May 2002 09:38:36Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  09:53:09
quote:

I have all the documentation and install disks for the PAS-16, and it all seems to be essentially the same as what you listed. It works fine on my IIci, but that's all I've ever successfuly used it with.

which system do you run it with on the IIci? the box says it comes with Sound Manager 3.0, i wonder if that was a 7.0 or a 7.1 rev? does anybody know?

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  11:13:45
I'm running it on OS 8.1 (thanks to the Daystar Turbo '040) and I believe it's at least Sound Manager 3.0...I'll have to gather some details later, though.

Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  11:35:47
quote:

I'm running it on OS 8.1 (thanks to the Daystar Turbo '040) and I believe it's at least Sound Manager 3.0...I'll have to gather some details later, though.

rats! sounds like a PPC issue, i may have to try to get my 230 back!
hopefully it's just an 8.5/6 problem and/or a flaky 7.5.3 partition, but i kinda doubt it.

any details you can give me about which control panels you use to de-select the onboard speaker and enable the card's stereo output would be very helpful, thanks, cinemo! i may just need that active matrix and a 280 or maybe a 270c to do a screen upgrade! how well does your 280c handle MPegDec?

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  11:48:12
quote:
how well does your 280c handle MPegDec?

Last time I tried it it didn't work at all, which I found was because the application had gotten corrupted. I just put a fresh copy of MpegDec 2.0 on the Duo, but haven't loaded any mp3's on it yet. I think, if I can get away with hooking my Duo up to the LAN right now (without the boss seeing!), I'll download a few and let you know before the end of the day!!

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  12:00:27
quote:

if I can get away with hooking my Duo up to the LAN right now (without the boss seeing!), I'll download a few and let you know before the end of the day!!

i'm not in that big a hurry! i wonder if the problem isn't that the Duo's are Mono only without a sound card! dunno, i'd have to ask markymark if it doesn't work this time around for you.

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  12:42:24
Darn, I forgot to install the NewerTech ethernet driver in my Duo after I wiped the hard drive and put 8.1 on it. I'll have to let you know tomorrow!

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  12:44:46
quote:

Darn, I forgot to install the NewerTech ethernet driver in my Duo after I wiped the hard drive and put 8.1 on it. I'll have to let you know tomorrow!

k! nopro, cinemo! thx

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 08 May 2002 :  08:40:40
quote:

YO! CINEMO! didja get a chance to try MPegDec on the 280c yet? or figure anything out about the PAS 16 drivers? looks to me like some apps may support it without even needing the old drivers, dunno, maybe?

check out the thread about the Sound Accelerator II, i finally figured out how to squeeze a little info out of their tech support knowledgebase! do you want me to email the take to you so you can look it over?

i'm dying to get the BoomBoxDock's stereo i/o online so i can start hacking the NuBus end of it. did you get a chance to look at the piccies?

jt . .

p.s. has anybody tried MPegDec on a 230/250/270c? it's kinda pointless w/o stereo, but it'd be nice to know if it works on the 030's.

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 08 May 2002 08:43:46Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 08 May 2002 :  12:41:26
quote:
YO! CINEMO! didja get a chance to try MpegDec on the 280c yet? or figure anything out about the PAS 16 drivers? looks to me like some apps may support it without even needing the old drivers, dunno, maybe?

Not yet, on either account. I think I need some un-lazy spray.

quote:
check out the thread about the Sound Accelerator II, i finally figured out how to squeeze a little info out of their tech support knowledgebase! do you want me to email the take to you so you can look it over?

Sure, go ahead! And I'm heading to that thread now...

quote:
i'm dying to get the BoomBoxDock's stereo i/o online so i can start hacking the NuBus end of it. did you get a chance to look at the piccies?

Yeah, that DeWalt PSU is bad arse!!!

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.