Balloon Help
 Newbie Help!
Author Topic  
NeYo
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts
Posted - 05 May 2002 :  19:51:57
OK i Just Started all this emu stuff, and its kinda Cool, But i keep Getting little Niggles! ... Right now, i have OS 8.1 on a Drive, and another Drive, for Apps and Stuff ...
But My Apps Drive is Locked! << suddenly >> Why?! How do i unlock it?

GRR!

Thanks Guys / Girls! :D

NeYo

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 05 May 2002 :  20:17:16
Get information on it by selecting it in the Finder then hitting "Apple key + i" see if down in the left corner if a box named Locked has a checked box next to or not, if so uncheck it and you should be set! Buy otherwise I'll have to look more into this.

Jeremy

"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Hacks General
Macs Liberated:17
ENTER THROUGH THE GATESGo to Top of Page

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  19:49:54
Does the Apps Drive have apps on it yet, or is that what you want to use it for? If it has nothing on it, wipe it..... If file sharing is on, and you somehow gave yourself read only privledges, then that would be why. If you click on the drive icon then go to File then Sharing, if it pops up the window, you can change privledges, if it tells you that filesharing isnt on then that shouldnt be your problem. If that's not your problem, then, I really don't know what to say..... You're sure it's a drive and not a folder? If it's the folder, go into general control panels and you can unlock the application folder there. I'm stumped.

-
do you like green eggs and ham?*

*note - due to requests i put a dividing line in it looks like this "-" don't miss it... lol...Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.