68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums
Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Lounge
 Who needs interactive websites anyway...
Author Topic  
danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 05 May 2002 :  12:10:26
Well. rant #1...

people are lazy!

rant #2...

people are lazy!

--

ok, some justification for that now :). I've been poking my nose into PHP quite a bit, running it on the Quadra webserver. It's basically a language somewhat like C, which you embed in webpages, and the code runs on my server, generating different content as you select different options. For example, one of the php scripts I have is to show an image. Normally, to show an image on a page with some links you'd use a separate .html page for each one. With PHP, I can call the same script over and over, pass it the name of an image, and all else will be generated as you go. Even these messageboards themselves are generated with something similar - MS .asp - some messageboards themselves do run completely on PHP. It's pretty flexible :)

anyhows, I created a little 'vote on this pic' part on my vhacks page, the idea being people could check out one of the pics, and give it a rating out of ten. so far out of about a hundred visits...

*two people voted*!!!!!

people are lazy :D.

if y'wanna see it in action anyhoo, it's at http://www.danamania.com/vhacks/ as usual. Very simple stuff, but I enjoyed doing coding again :D

dana

--
http://www.danamania.com/
naturally hosted on a Quadra 605
--

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 05 May 2002 :  12:16:27
Pretty kool dana. I LOVE interactive sites and ones that look jsut plain kool and make me go wow. Now I'm jealous.....

~The Penguin

|Captain, Intelligence Operations|
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline ServerGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 05 May 2002 :  12:28:20
add me to the lazy list! =8-P

but you already know what i think of your work, maestromania!

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.