All Forums
 Lounge
 Coolest thing in the South Pacific
Author Topic  
foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 05 May 2002 :  11:11:16
I don't remember if I was in AU or NZ, but they had these public bathrooms on the street that were completely automated. Well, sorta. You'd push a button and the door would slide open and you would have a toilet that did the automatic flush thing (everything has it nowadays) the sensor faucet, the sensor hand dryer, and sensor soap dispenser. (never seen one of those since) Now the real kicker as far as I'm concerened, to get toilet paper you'd press a red button and some would come flying out at you.... I'm tellin you this thing was awesome.... If only I would have had my camera then.

-
do you like green eggs and ham?*

*note - due to requests i put a dividing line in it looks like this "-" don't miss it... lol...

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 05 May 2002 :  18:39:36
I know that they have them in Canberra. And you should see the new 'toilets' that pop up (literally-from under the pavement) after dark for drunks to... uh... relieve themselves in.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City
Go to Top of Page

bigsadhu

Cayman Island
462 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  02:07:13
Hmmm.

If that was the coolest thing you saw in the South Pacific, then I guess you didn't have a very interesting trip.

Cheers!
CC

Current score:

1 eMate 300
1 Apple //e
2 LC IIs
1 LC III
1 LC 475
1 Quadra 605
1 Quadra 700
1 Quadra 800
1 PB 520c
2 Powermac 6100s
1 PowerComputing Powerbase 240
1 Wallstreet

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  06:05:21
quote:

Hmmm.

If that was the coolest thing you saw in the South Pacific, then I guess you didn't have a very interesting trip.

Hmmm.

of course . . . that might depend upon beverage choice, quantity, recent intake etc. . . whatever! every once in a while i might find such a novelty REALLY convenient if not THE most interesting . . . .

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  19:22:44
quote:

Not true, I just find weird things like that real cool....

-
do you like green eggs and ham?*

*note - due to requests i put a dividing line in it looks like this "-" don't miss it... lol...Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 10 May 2002 :  04:30:33
quote:

Hmmm.

LOL! I'd like to see one of these "automated bathrooms" though...i think it would be kinda interesting...

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.