All Forums
 68k Software
 Iamneversurewheretoputmycomments!
Author Topic  
shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 03 May 2002 :  13:46:08
Well I dont know whether to laff or cry. I bought a cd caddy about 2 weeks ago, it still hasnt arrived & I am beggining to resign myself to the fact that it may not arrive at all.(it got lost in the post due to me moving house(Ishouldnt really say lost cos it was at Cambridge depot, but as good as lost)). I am endeavouring to buy another one.

Cinemafia offered me one but the pain of currency conversion is a pain, if you(cinemafia) offer me a cd caddy for a price and have an easy way for me to pay then this would be fine,else I can buy one of ebay(again!) au vey.

I recieved vram today and now have 4 sticks of vram installed, I think 2 are 80 ns and 2 are 100 ns, should there be any problems with this? should I acquire 2 more 100 ns?

I also recieved os 8.1 today :-)

now this :-(

I have a cd caddy drive but no caddy

I have os. 8.1 on cd

how can I get it onto my Quadra 840av?

I have a scsi cd drive with a sled in my pc but my mac wont recognise it(which is why it is back in my pc) if I had os 8.1 I could probably connect to the internet and use the cd drive. I have got os 7.1 and the barest software on my quadra:-(.

oh well!

shaktiman

zsarillian
Starting Member

23 Posts
Posted - 03 May 2002 :  16:02:26
Ok, three questions: when you tried the PC drive, did you have a hacked version of the Apple CD/DVD extension? How big is your email box, and how fast is your connection?

-- Z --

"I never go into the Office on Sundays... baaaaad Juju"

68k's liberated: 3
Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 03 May 2002 :  18:06:43
Don't be surpised if the Apple CD ROM driver doesn't recognize a third partry / non-Apple ROM'ed CD ROM drive. Try using FWB CD-ROM ToolKit. It's on the 68kmla Hotline seriver.

--------------------
keeper of the website and beholder of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™
--------------------Go to Top of Page

zsarillian
Starting Member

23 Posts
Posted - 03 May 2002 :  18:56:04
"Try using FWB CD-ROM ToolKit. It's on the 68kmla Hotline server."

Doh! I should'a thought of that!

-- Z --

"I never go into the Office on Sundays... baaaaad Juju"

68k's liberated: 3
Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 03 May 2002 :  22:31:04
I have at least one CD caddy that I have absolutely no use for, and I'm willing to send it for the cost of postage, alone. The USPS does global priority mail for about US $6 for a half-pound, 6"x10" package, which a CD caddy would most certainly fit in, that would probably be the best method.

If you can somehow sent US $6 by PayPal, that would be great...I don't have a bank account right now, so it would be pretty difficult to cash any kind of non-standard money order or check.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 03 May 2002 :  23:05:12
I think there is a REALLY GOOD REASON why CD-Caddy drives aren't manufactured anymore! The caddys get lost. Now they are realy hard to find.

http://scchicago.dynodns.net
MyForumOnDelphi:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/scchicago
NOTE:HL AND HTTP SERVER ARE ONLY AVAILIBLE WHEN I'M ONLINE
AIM:scchicago87
Yahoo!IM:scchicagoGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.