PowerBook
 PowerBook 100 PRAM batteries
Author Topic  
maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 22 Nov 2001 :  15:22:31
As some of you already know, i have a PowerBook 100. Anyway, as soon as i got my internal PowerBook SCSI cable and external floppy, i hooked everything up, and proceeded to boot the Mac. The Mac went through the startup sequence normally, but, as soon as it got to the desktop, it told me that i had run out of reserve battery power, and went to sleep. I've tried everything, and the machine keeps doing it. However, i haven't tried a new battery. Could this get it working as a machine, rather than just an attractive external SCSI hard drive? No, really. If i put it in SCSI disk mode, the machine stays on like its meant to, though if i start it up normally and attempt to use it as a Mac, it goes to sleep on me. This is wih the battery out and the power adapter connected. I know the power adapter is good, because i've used it with other PowerBooks. A tech told me my mobo's probably shot. Could it just be a simple case of replacing the pram battery like it is in some other Macs? I would like this thing working!

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5

GORDOOM

Canada
208 Posts
Posted - 22 Nov 2001 :  18:28:25
Stupid question time: have you tried resetting the Power Manager? (I can't remember the exact procedure, but someone around here probably does...)
That one simple step tends to clean up a lot of power-related problems with 'Books.

GORDOOM
Commander, Academic Operations Reserve
(University of Toronto, St. George Campus)
total Macs liberated: 4
(as of November 8, 2001)

"...the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 22 Nov 2001 :  20:03:41
Yeah, i did try resetting the power manager. Thats the first thing i ever try when a PowerBook has power related problems.

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 22 Nov 2001 :  23:32:37
>> See other topic!

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.