Lounge
 Apple
Author Topic  
shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 27 Apr 2002 :  01:18:05
This may not go down well.

I like Apple or at least some aspects of Apple.

I used a couple and got on really well in about 94? then about 98 was my next encounter and It was ppc.

As far as I'm concerned It was all downhill from then on.I dont recognise any Apple machines after that. I may write and ask Apple to make a 68060 Apple mac :-)

My only real legitimate reason for not liking modern mac's is that I dont have one, they are expensive and they have microshi* software on them. I like a computer that boots up in thirty seconds and uses data efficiently.

I may buy an ibook though.

also off the topic a little now I will just say that I know the best piece of software ever.(my favourite at least) Imagecopy for the st or for use with MagicMac. I love it cos I dont have to babysit it, with my pc it says are you sure? do you really? with Image copy it goes" do you want?"but if you dont answer after 10 seconds it carrys on! When an error occurs Imagecopy says an error has occured I will work around it ie: when image copy crashes it fixes the problem an carries on.

I have just watched Star Wars episode one and it has reignighted my thirst for owning an R2D2 unit. Fantastic a unit you can transport and use to interface with any computer!!!!!!!! I want one.

shaktiman

Kady Mae

USA
261 Posts
Posted - 27 Apr 2002 :  07:19:55
You don't have to use Mordorsoft products on an Apple!

The first thing I did when I got this iBook up and running was use IE 5 to download Opera for OSX and then I banished IE to the dark recesses of my HD.

Appleworks does me just fine. If I have to send documents back and forth between the PC and my iBook, then I save them as .rtf files or .pdf.

You can be Microsoft Free on your Apples. Liberate them.

Goodness knows, the only bit of Mordorsoft on my PC is W98. My email, browser, and office programs are all non-Mordorsoft products, and my PC is fast and stable, and presents me with few problems.

68K's liberated: 0
68Ks adopted to loving homes: 2
PowerMacs adopted: 1Go to Top of Page

shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 27 Apr 2002 :  11:51:01
That really is a lovely post to read, you genuinly make me feel calmer.:-)

shaktimanGo to Top of Page

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 27 Apr 2002 :  13:20:20
PPC can't be that bad...
Then again, I don't have one

http://scchicago.dynodns.net
NOTE:HL AND HTTP SERVER ARE ONLY AVAILIBLE WHEN I'M ONLINE.
AIM:scchicago87
Yahoo!IM:scchicagoGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.