All Forums
 Balloon Help
 Recelling Duo Batteries
Author Topic  
Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 26 Apr 2002 :  15:16:37
I have three Duo batteries, and none of them work-one simply has no charge and cannot be charged, and the other two batteries completely disable and turn off the Duo when they are inserted. New batteries are difficult to find and a used battery will only give me the same problems.
How can I recell them? Will recelling completely revive them, or should I just run heavy duty sofware like battery amnesia (Battery Recondition doesn't seem to work)?

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The Sane

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 27 Apr 2002 :  07:46:17
Try the software first: it breathed new life into my PB 500 inteeligent batteries...

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
00014 Macs liberatedGo to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 27 Apr 2002 :  19:58:18
I'll try it, but what about the batteries that turn the Duo off when inserted?

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 05 May 2002 :  16:40:39
Doesn't anyone know how to do this? I tried the software, neither Battery Amnesia nor Battery Reconditioning work.

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 06 May 2002 :  09:50:45
I have three Duo batteries for my Duo 280c, two type 3's and one type 2, and none of them seem to work. I can't even boot from them, so I can't run Amnesia on them. I've tried charging them by leaving them in the Duo with it plugged in all night, but this doesn't seem to have any effect...maybe I need to get the external charger...?

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.