68k Peripherals
 QuickImage 24... drivers, anyone?
Author Topic  
~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 25 Apr 2002 :  19:21:54
Well, I got this cool NuBus card from bigsadhu: it has S-Video in and out, a wierd mini-DIN port and a BNC connector. It doesn't work in any of the video apps I tried, so I assume that I need drivers. Using a program, I got some driver files from the card's ROM, but it's a resedit file. What can I do with this? Hack it into the System suitcase?

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
00014 Macs liberated

Flash

Australia
637 Posts
Posted - 03 May 2002 :  20:58:22
I've done some searching, and this was all i could find....

MASS Microsystems
810 West Maude Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Phone: (800) 522-7979
QuickImage 24 Ver. 2.0 (capture)

68k MLA ParaMedicGo to Top of Page

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 04 May 2002 :  08:07:15
Thanks, but I had that already. Hack time!

Mayor of NuBus City
Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 04 May 2002 :  10:45:53
quote:

Thanks, but I had that already. Hack time!

e-mail the train site that used that card and a couple of others (i'd do all of them and try more engnes than just google!) that come up as hits and ask them where you can download info/drivers/compatability info and ask for advice on getting your new toy up and running, betcha somebody emails the software/docs to you!

oh yeah! don't forget to invite them to enlist, i think we could use more members with first hand experience gettin' all this crap online the first time around! they might really get into helping you kiddes (an' dinosaurs like rex!) get this kind of paleolithic crud back up an'runnin'again!

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 05 May 2002 :  19:01:03
Well, I tried hacking the ROM driver into the system file, no dice...

Mayor of NuBus City
Go to Top of Page

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 05 May 2002 :  20:15:12
Let me have a go at it...

Jeremy

"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Hacks General
Macs Liberated:17
ENTER THROUGH THE GATESGo to Top of Page

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 05 May 2002 :  22:05:30
If you can find it, then I'll be very happy.

Mayor of NuBus City
Go to Top of Page

Flash

Australia
637 Posts
Posted - 08 May 2002 :  02:02:03
If you're trying to hack the ROM into the System....you may want to check this out

ftp://ftp.apple.com//developer/Tool_Chest/Devices_-_Hardware/Drivers/Driver_Installer.sit.hqx

Make your own extension/driver (??) As near as I can make out, what you do is take any (copy of an) extension and this will remove the resources, and install new ones from a resource/resedit file.

cheers
Flash!

Flash

Australia
637 Posts
Posted - 08 May 2002 :  04:52:33
hmm that would make it a good setup for a situation where you want to take time lapse pics. for example, connect it up to a camera then set the Mac to take an image every couple of minutes (or whatever time you like).
You could make your own video security system for the home or office. But you could get more creative :-) Depending on what you're pointing the camera at could make for an interesting series of shots. Sunrise, sunset, moon and stars, goldfish tank, a busy intersection with people traffic lights and cars.... then move the pics to another Mac with a bit more grunt, and turn it into a movie!

v cool

Flash!

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 08 May 2002 :  06:17:27
quote:

quote:

hmm that would make it a good setup for a situation where you want to take time lapse pics. for example, connect it up to a camera then set the Mac to take an image every couple of minutes (or whatever time you like).

I did just that with mine :D. scripted it to take pics of clouds n the moon through the night - and that looked freaky...

WEBCAM IIfx?

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 08 May 2002 :  18:18:37
Cool! Thanks, guys. I scanned it last night: now I have to install it again! This will fill the 5th NuBus slot...

Mayor of NuBus City
Go to Top of Page

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 12 May 2002 :  08:31:03
Unfortuantely, that hack appeared not to work.

Mayor of NuBus City
Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 12 May 2002 :  10:31:00
quote:

Unfortuantely, that hack appeared not to work.

this is really a long shot, but check out NIH Image, maybe one of the cards that it supports is compatible with your card. if you were REALLY lucky, one of them might have bought the product and relabled it!

http://rsb.info.nih.gov/nih-image/manual/appendices/frame.html

quote:

B. Frame Grabber Cards

Image directly supports four frame grabber cards for acquiring images from video sources, such as TV cameras and VCR's: the Data
Translation QuickCapture, the Scion LG-3, Scion AG-5, and the Scion VG-5. All allow brightness, contrast and pseudocolor to be adjusted
during "live" capture. All allow continuous histogram display and "live" paste, which can be useful for image alignment.

markymark mentioned it in the MPegDec thread and i noticed the cards they support for framegrabbing.

http://rsb.info.nih.gov/nih-image/about.html
http://rsb.info.nih.gov/nih-image/manual/intro.html#ove

found some more:
[image158vdm.hqx]
ImageVDM is an enhanced version of NIH Image 1.58 that supports the Perceptics PixelGrabber, PixelBuffer, PixelPipeline, and MegaGrabber video digitizer boards. It's a "fat" binary that runs natively on PowerMacs.

good luck!

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

bigsadhu

Cayman Island
462 Posts
Posted - 16 May 2002 :  04:21:29
~Coxy my son, today is your lucky day! If you check your e-mail you should have a nice surprise waiting for you.

FYI, I found it hiding in an obscure folder deep in the festering swamps of the OS6 Carracho server.

Now if this don't get me a rank, I don't know what will!

Actually, I'm really glad I found this... I was feeling a bit guilty about palming off a useless card on you . Let us know how it works.

Cheers!
CC

PS. Goddamn. Just remembered about those t-shirts I ordered. I'll get on the case with payment and delivery instructions real soon now. I promise!

Current score:

1 eMate 300
1 Apple //e
2 LC IIs
1 LC III
4 LC 475s
6 Quadra 605s
1 Quadra 700
1 Quadra 800
1 PB 520c
2 Powermac 6100s
1 PowerComputing Powerbase 240
1 Wallstreet
and a partridge in a pear tree

Edited by - bigsadhu on 16 May 2002 04:22:17

Edited by - bigsadhu on 16 May 2002 04:22:47Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 16 May 2002 :  05:54:42
quote:

Actually, I'm really glad I found this... I was feeling a bit guilty about palming off a useless card on you . Let us know how it works.

whoohoo! babyB b d man! nice work!

btw: hows your vidcap card rehabilitation project coming along? i'm afraid to try my NuVista again, i wanna retend it's not a deader. the IIfx wouldn't boot when it was installed.

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 16 May 2002 :  18:36:16
Wicked! Thanks a lot.
You need not have felt bad - after all I have a large surplus of Newton PSUs and I love filling NuBus slots...

Mayor of NuBus City
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.