All Forums
 68k Conquests
 My 3 new flatmates...
Author Topic  
SiliconValleyPirate

United Kingdom
273 Posts
Posted - 25 Apr 2002 :  17:28:00
Here's what I picked up on Wednesday afternoon from a guy in London, his place really is Mecca for Mac lovers.

IIci - Pretty bare loooking but very well kept IIci it is, 8MB RAM (will get 32MB as soon as I pull out my finger and buy som more RAM), Original 80MB Hard disk with OS 6.0.7 (still the virgin installation!) on it. I added a NuBus Ethernet card, a 1GB Quantum Fireball SCSI disk (replaced the 80MB which is going into safe storage as the software on it has possitive relic value!!) and a Monochrome Apple NuBus GFX card that the guy thrust into my hads, which is kinda fortunate as my 17" MS monitor doesn't work on the on-board video!

Mac Portable - Old non-backlit version of the Portable, the hard disk is dead (refuses to spin up) anmd the lead acid and PP3 cells are both shot. It boots when plugged into mains power if the hard disk is removed completely and a System 6.0.8 boot disk is inserted in the floppy. Stupid proprietary SCSI cab;e/drive means I willl have to go to a lot of effort to rebuild it, I think I may try and get a different end bezel and fit 2 floppies if that is possible (anyone know?) and tun it into a dual floppy machine as it has a connector for another floppy (I think they are standard Apple floppy drives), my only floppy only Mac to date.

I also got:

7300/200 with a PC compat. card (not a toopic for this forum but worth a brief mention)

ATTO Silicon Express IV Nubus UW-SCSI card for my 840av, which is in and working.

A 9GB UW160 Segate Cheetah 18XL drive for the aformentioned ATTO SEIV card/840av which is silent and deadly

315MB HP hard disk, not sure what to do with it, it's 1/2 height so it's of limited use but I'm sure I can use it in something later.

Various other less interesting gubbins....

--
Mark Benson

Visit FlatPackMacs Online
http://fpm.gotdns.com

We have feets

Macs Liberated = 9

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 25 Apr 2002 :  18:21:07
the book says HDD or FDD in the second bay.

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 26 Apr 2002 :  09:22:19
quote:
ATTO Silicon Express IV Nubus UW-SCSI card for my 840av, which is in and working.

A 9GB UW160 Segate Cheetah 18XL drive for the aformentioned ATTO SEIV card/840av which is silent and deadly

Very cool, very cool!! You probably need an 80-to-68 adpater, though, as it's Ultra-160. Should be a screamer, though!!!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

SiliconValleyPirate

United Kingdom
273 Posts
Posted - 30 Apr 2002 :  15:58:25
quote:

the book says HDD or FDD in the second bay

Cool. Might be worth converting it, certainly save som effort.

quote:

Very cool, very cool!! You probably need an 80-to-68 adpater, though, as it's Ultra-160. Should be a screamer, though!!!

It's defitintely Ultra160 but it's 68-pin. Seagate never lie...

Funny thing is I paid the same price for the 68-pin cable as I did for the SEIV card!

--
Mark Benson

Visit FlatPackMacs Online
http://fpm.gotdns.com

We have feets

Macs Liberated = 9Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.