Even more eBay wackyness...
Author Topic  
Captain Z
Mobile Ops Commander

USA
637 Posts
Posted - 25 Apr 2002 :  14:14:45
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2018216385

This link was given to me by my friends back at my last college (Rochester Institute of Tech). Anyways, they were given this massive server that housed the TCP/IP networks for the college. It was upgraded, and would cost more to store or destroy, so they gave it to them.

Well, they had rolled it down a hill, dragged it behind a car, among other things. They posted it up on eBay, and actually sold it for $99. Amazing what junk people will buy these days.

(The real kicker is that it uses 220V power, something which is very uncommon in the US. It is virtually unuseable.)

------------------
Captain Z - Sniper
68K Macintosh Liberation Army

18 68K Macs Liberated

Visit Captain Z's Starbase of EV Stuff

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 25 Apr 2002 :  15:25:18
That's an impressive system!!! How long ago did you go to RIT? I've got a friend that went there who lives in Syracuse now and I'm about 70 mi north of there.

Go to Top of Page

Captain Z
Mobile Ops Commander

USA
637 Posts
Posted - 25 Apr 2002 :  17:50:24
I was at RIT for one year, my first year of college. Unfortunetly, due to financial aid problems, I couldn't return in the Fall.

In the following Spring (2002), I finally transfered into my new college, Suffolk County Community College, back in my home town here on Long Island.

------------------
Captain Z - Sniper
68K Macintosh Liberation Army

18 68K Macs Liberated

Visit Captain Z's Starbase of EV StuffGo to Top of Page

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 25 Apr 2002 :  17:54:58
That's cool, my buddy graduated about ten years back from there. I'm actually from the opposite shore from you in CT, but moved out here 8 years ago. You must be happy to have these winters behind you.

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 25 Apr 2002 :  18:04:27
quote:

I've got a friend that went there who lives in Syracuse now and I'm about 70 mi north of there.

Pulaski?????? :eek: get much snow this year?

I went to LeMoyne, I wondered if your Syracuse link was my old stomping grounds!

That's quite a rackmount system there. 220 is very common, btw, almost every home in the U.S. has it, it's the third leg of three phase power that's really hard to get hooked up for residential use (it's great in a shop). If your house has two main circuits at the panel, that's 220/240.

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.