68k Peripherals
 Black ADB Mouse....Last One on Earth!
Author Topic  
cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 23 Apr 2002 :  09:40:57
This obviously isn't the last black ADB mouse in the world, but the seller obviously thinks so...rare, it is, but $90???

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!

candyPunk

USA
856 Posts
Posted - 23 Apr 2002 :  20:05:35
Whoa, sold for $112!

{ candyPunk }
{ Captain of Observation, 68k MLA }
{ 68k Macs liberated: 3}
{ My baby: Q660av }Go to Top of Page

zsarillian
Starting Member

23 Posts
Posted - 23 Apr 2002 :  20:19:29
Where's my can of black spraypaint...? Go to Top of Page
TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 24 Apr 2002 :  02:15:36
for real bro....

Maybe I can make up for my iBook being stolen, really is there a exact way to tell the different from a normal and painted one from a MacTV?

Jeremy

"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Hacks General
Macs Liberated:17
ENTER THROUGH THE GATESGo to Top of Page

bigsadhu

Cayman Island
462 Posts
Posted - 24 Apr 2002 :  02:39:35
quote:
is there a exact way to tell the different from a normal and painted one from a MacTV?

Well, I'm looking at mine now... Lets see, it looks pretty much identical to the 2 regular ADB Mouse IIs I have to compare, except, obviously, its black. The cable and ADB plug are also black, as well as the ball (same as the oter 2, but I know some are grey). The sticker on the base is a little differently laid out, and has some different approval logos... also says "This product complies with the requirements of European Directive 89/336/EEC". Also says its assembled in Malaysia, as opposed to Taiwan for the others. Oh, the sticker's black too. Mouse ball retaining ring has the locking mechanism. Teflon sliders are translucent rather than beige. Its pretty obvious from any brief inspection that the plastic itself is black, rather than having a coat of paint.

Unfortunately, mine is not attached to a mac TV... I bought it from a mac repair centre in Hong Kong as a cool colour-co accessory to my powerbook of the time.

Oh! just had a look inside... and the mechanism is different too. Its got one narrow large diameter roller and two longer needle rollers, compared to the three shorter, larger rollers in the others.

Probly all more than you wanted to know, but cool to pull it out of stowage and have a close look at it again. Thanks!

Cheers!
CC

PS. BTW, the ball is far heavier than in the beige mice...maybe 3x. Gives it a nice solid feel.

Current score:

1 eMate 300
1 Apple //e
2 LC IIs
1 LC III
1 LC 475
1 Quadra 605
1 Quadra 700
1 Quadra 800
1 PB 520c
2 Powermac 6100s
1 PowerComputing Powerbase 240
1 Wallstreet

Edited by - bigsadhu on 24 Apr 2002 02:40:54Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 24 Apr 2002 :  04:06:35
quote:

quote:
is there a exact way to tell the different from a normal and painted one from a MacTV?

Well, I'm looking at mine now... Lets see, it looks pretty much identical to the 2 regular ADB Mouse IIs I have to compare, except, obviously, its black. The cable and ADB plug are also black, as well as the ball (same as the oter 2, but I know some are grey). The sticker on the base is a little differently laid out, and has some different approval logos... also says "This product complies with the requirements of European Directive 89/336/EEC". Also says its assembled in Malaysia, as opposed to Taiwan for the others. Oh, the sticker's black too. Mouse ball retaining ring has the locking mechanism. Teflon sliders are translucent rather than beige. Its pretty obvious from any brief inspection that the plastic itself is black, rather than having a coat of paint.

Unfortunately, mine is not attached to a mac TV... I bought it from a mac repair centre in Hong Kong as a cool colour-co accessory to my powerbook of the time.

Oh! just had a look inside... and the mechanism is different too. Its got one narrow large diameter roller and two longer needle rollers, compared to the three shorter, larger rollers in the others.

Probly all more than you wanted to know, but cool to pull it out of stowage and have a close look at it again. Thanks!

Cheers!
CC

PS. BTW, the ball is far heavier than in the beige mice...maybe 3x. Gives it a nice solid feel.

Current score:

1 eMate 300
1 Apple //e
2 LC IIs
1 LC III
1 LC 475
1 Quadra 605
1 Quadra 700
1 Quadra 800
1 PB 520c
2 Powermac 6100s
1 Wallstreet

Edited by - bigsadhu on 24 Apr 2002 02:40:54

Thanks for the extensive write-up on the Black ADB Mouse II. Why have you got it in storage though? Get it back on your PowerBook!

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6!!!

QFW68KPB Project SUCCESS!!!!!Go to Top of Page

bigsadhu

Cayman Island
462 Posts
Posted - 24 Apr 2002 :  05:46:37
quote:
Thanks for the extensive write-up on the Black ADB Mouse II. Why have you got it in storage though? Get it back on your PowerBook!

Thanks!

The powerbook it was attached to is now long gone. (a 3400 ... my first powerbook ). At the moment I've got more than enough mice to keep me pointing... I'd kind of rather keep the black one in reserve for now. I'm sure it'll come in useful one day though.

Cheers!
CC

Current score:

1 eMate 300
1 Apple //e
2 LC IIs
1 LC III
1 LC 475
1 Quadra 605
1 Quadra 700
1 Quadra 800
1 PB 520c
2 Powermac 6100s
1 Wallstreet

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 24 Apr 2002 :  06:38:32
quote:

The powerbook it was attached to is now long gone. (a 3400 ... my first powerbook ). At the moment I've got more than enough mice to keep me pointing... I'd kind of rather keep the black one in reserve for now. I'm sure it'll come in useful one day though.

might be useful now, put the lucky little rodent into a breeding box with a harem of platinum mousie babes and you might end up with some PowerBook Slate Gray or the even the, almost unheard of, Pinto Pointer Prototypes to unload on eBay!

jt . .

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 24 Apr 2002 06:39:46Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 24 Apr 2002 :  07:08:26
quote:
The powerbook it was attached to is now long gone. (a 3400 ... my first powerbook ).

*ahem* Wallstreet or PB520c anyone?

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6!!!

QFW68KPB Project SUCCESS!!!!!Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 24 Apr 2002 :  08:12:21
I can't believe somebody paid $112 for that.... Maybe if it came with a MacTV and the black keyboard!!!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 25 Apr 2002 :  19:09:05
It may have been the last one on earth to be factory sealed...

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
00014 Macs liberatedGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.