Lounge
 Not a musing, but a pondering.
Author Topic  
danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 20 Apr 2002 :  04:40:01
...and not a friday night one either, but a saturday one, cos I'm slow :)

Apart from this little 68k obsession... what do y'all do with yourselves?.

me - I do graphic stuff, general mac work, prepress/printing and mapping, studied industrial mathematics and spatial information, and was sent mental by attempting helpdesk work. *grin*

dana

--
http://www.danamania.com/
hosted on 68k - LC630/40
--

raWr

Tuvalu
491 Posts
Posted - 20 Apr 2002 :  05:02:14
quote:

what do y'all do with yourselves?

I don't.

-raWr

Fleet Covert Ops

Graphic Propaganda Manager Go to Top of Page

Flash

Australia
637 Posts
Posted - 20 Apr 2002 :  05:09:27
As far as work goes... I am currently working on a project to stream financial news. I.E. one of our research team jump in front of the camera, and I get it on the web asap. Here is an example of our on-demand stuff (remember - it's finance, so it's boring content...but creating it is fun)

When not at work (which is not much at the moment), and when I'm not hanging 'round with mates... then I'm usually on the computer, or doing electronic/electrical projects...and sleeping

68k MLA ParaMedicGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 20 Apr 2002 :  05:58:31
During the school term i'm either at school, at a dance or something, or hunched over my iMac. If i'm on holidays, i'm usually hunched over a 68k.

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6!!!

QFW68KPB Project SUCCESS!!!!!Go to Top of Page

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 20 Apr 2002 :  06:28:18
I am going to collage in a Cisco networking track. In my spare time I write mods for games (So far I have done Myth 2, UT, EV, Doom, Marathon, Abuse, Quake, and I am working on stuff for EV Nova right now.)

AnubisTTP
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

SpaceBoy

USA
631 Posts
Posted - 20 Apr 2002 :  11:20:25
As for me, I'm a full-time college student. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with myself. At the moment I'm an Anthropology major, but I'm not sure how long that's going to last. I'm applying to the Peace Corp, but I don't think my chances are good (they want people with at least a BA, which I'm still working towards). One of these days I'm going to have to admit that my first love is old tech. I'm seriously thinking about switching over to Museuology- Museum Science. More and more places around the country (and the world!) are setting up 'obsolete' tech exibits, but this is something I've been doing since grade school. I suppose I won't be really happy till I'm the admin on a Cray-1, PDP-11 and UNIVAC system at some big museum. Of course, I'll make damn sure that Apple is well-represented!
Oh, as for day-to-day pocket money/rent stuff, I work in the school library, in the Preservation and Conservation lab, repairing old books and other printed matter. It can get kinda boring, but hey, any job where I get to wear a lab coat and a badge that says "Book Doctor" is okay in my view!

SpaceBoy

AppleBASIC FOREVER!
As of 4/8/02:
TiBook G4/500, "Difference Engine"
PB 1400/133, "KayPro II"
PB 180/33, "Osbourne 1"
PMac 7100/G3-266, "DEC Rainbow" and "Altair 8800"
Quadra 950, "HAL 9000"
iMac Rev.A/333mHz, "Deep Blue"
Newton 120, "PADD"Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 21 Apr 2002 :  22:48:00
Full time Student (B.CompSc) and casual Groceryman.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
00014 Macs liberatedGo to Top of Page

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 21 Apr 2002 :  23:02:23
I'm a full time student (3 years so far in a 2 year college, with no Associates yet :-) Working towords an as-yet undetermined bachelors, but less and less likely to be in technology. I really like the idea of Linguistics, and am seriously considering the Unitarian Universalist ministry.

I've finished a Cisco networking track, and currently work as a sales/stock/gopher person at a Piano and music store (kingskeyboard.com) and as a runner/filer in a law firm.

I play the Great Highland Bagpipes, some Scottish small pipes, and I'm learning the whistles.

I'm trying to become a professional House Sitter, so I don;t have to pay much rent, but that means I have to have a workshop for my Macs somewhere!

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie

Holder of the Compact Mac -
-Stick of Justice, with Explodeing CRT head

-Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

Rexzilla

132 Posts
Posted - 22 Apr 2002 :  03:28:11
...coughs...you mean besides a bottle of Jergen's lotion, a rubber glove and a National Geographic...:)

Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 22 Apr 2002 :  05:37:54
quote:

...coughs...you mean besides a bottle of Jergen's lotion, a rubber glove and a National Geographic...:)

Oh! I get it! You work at National Geographic in their "magazine-page revitalization" deparment?

--------------------
keeper of the website and beholder of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™
--------------------

Edited by - FireWire is fast on 22 Apr 2002 05:38:15Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.