Lounge
 URL Managers? Who uses what & why?
Author Topic  
Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 18 Apr 2002 :  07:40:40
i just tried gURLfriend 2.2 and it's pretty slick at creating a browseable html file that seems to be a lot more convenient than the bookmarks menu under netscape 4.73.

have any of you webkides got recommendations for a bookmark file editor that'd be good for massaging the randomly collected bookmark data into a rational/usable format before conversion or an app that'll handle every imagineable aspect of the black art of URL herding? like sorting, editing comments, searching or dragging stuff around graphically?

i'm not even sure what feature set i should be looking for!

tia, from this web newbie!

jt . .

back again: is there a utility to convert bookmarks files to and from a spreadsheet (or database tab delimited type) format so i could do the housekeeping tasks in clarisworks?

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 18 Apr 2002 07:44:16

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 18 Apr 2002 :  08:05:13
quote:

i just tried gURLfriend 2.2 and it's pretty slick at creating a browseable html file that seems to be a lot more convenient than the bookmarks menu under netscape 4.73.

have any of you webkides got recommendations for a bookmark file editor that'd be good for massaging the randomly collected bookmark data into a rational/usable format before conversion or an app that'll handle every imagineable aspect of the black art of URL herding? like sorting, editing comments, searching or dragging stuff around graphically?

That's something I've never really done much of - I do too much bookmarking of sites, then never touching 99% of them ever again!. and the good ones I remember, I remember enough of to google for again.

That's either the height of laziness, or an impression of how useful the net can be!

sorry I was no help :D.
dana

--
http://www.danamania.com/
hosted on 68k - LC630/40
--Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 18 Apr 2002 :  18:55:58
I never bookmark sites. Whenever I find a useful site, I save it as either an HTML file or a Web Archive.

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 19 Apr 2002 :  06:14:59
I just use the bookmark menu. Then I set my homepage to the HTML file where netscape stores all of its bookmarks. Seems to work fairly well.

AnubisTTP
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.