All Forums
 68k Software
 WebServer Software?
Author Topic  
Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 11 Apr 2002 :  14:40:41
Ok, I really dont like using Apple's Websharing, i dont feel lik i have enough admin power, hehe. So, what else is out there (and for *free* mind you, or atleast semi-my brother owns it and i borrowed it copies of shtuff) any clue as to what i should use? And yes, i hate to say it, it CAN be PPC seeing as how im going to run it off of my 7200. Sorry if that offends anyone, but MA forums are crap nowadays, especially for this shtuff. Hope someone can help me.

~The Penguin

|Captain, Intelligence Operations|
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline Server

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 11 Apr 2002 :  15:46:21
MacHTTP is the only one I can think of that free, or close to it.

Also, you could run LinuxPPC and Apache Webserver :-)

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie

Holder of the Compact Mac -
-Stick of Justice, with Explodeing CRT head

-Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

bigsadhu

Cayman Island
462 Posts
Posted - 11 Apr 2002 :  17:48:44
There's a handy tutorial on this here http://www.wap.org/journal/internetservers/internetservers1.html

Cheers!
CC

Current score:

1 Apple //e
2 LC IIs
1 LC III
1 LC 475
1 PB 520c
1 Quadra 700
1 Quadra 800
2 Powermac 6100s
1 Wallstreet

Go to Top of Page

AnubisTTP

USA
308 Posts
Posted - 12 Apr 2002 :  06:19:39
NetPresenz will also serve webpages, but it is a lot harder to use than MacHttp in my opinion. It also does FTP and a few other protocols, so if you anticipate running an FTP server in the future, it might be worth looking at.

AnubisTTP
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

SpaceBoy

USA
631 Posts
Posted - 17 Apr 2002 :  12:47:11
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I've been hearing a lot about a share/freeware program called "EasyServe", which bills itself as a bare-bones, no PhD needed, Mac webserving tool. It can be found at places like TuCows.
Here's a quick description:
"EasyServe serves pages to the Web and that is all it does. There4s no logging, no CGI, no administration of any kind, you simply run it. You might want to put an alias to EasyServe in your startup items folder, then any file in the docs folder is served to the WWW. Look in the EasyServe window to find the URL (location) where your documents are served. EasyServe requires OpenTransport 1.1. It4s a fat binary for both 68K Macs and PPC Macs."
Hope this helps... As soon as the magical day arrives when I've got an always-on, high-speed 'net connection (like cable... droool...), I'm hoping to get my Quadra 950 setup with this software. It looks really cool!
Later,
SpaceBoy

AppleBASIC FOREVER!
As of 4/8/02:
TiBook G4/500, "Difference Engine"
PB 1400/133, "KayPro II"
PB 180/33, "Osbourne 1"
PMac 7100/G3-266, "DEC Rainbow" and "Altair 8800"
Quadra 950, "HAL 9000"
iMac Rev.A/333mHz, "Deep Blue"
Newton 120, "PADD"Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.