68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums
Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 6100 tray loading cd bezel(move from TP)
Author Topic  
noirwest

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 11 Apr 2002 :  13:39:05
I'm fixing up a 6100 to give to a college bound single mom and things are looking pretty good except for the big ol' hole in the face of the pizza box. I replaced the non-working cartridge cd with an 8X tray load and would rather not give her a machine that I've had to take a dremel tool to. I have the shielding, just need the plastic.

Edited by - leemac on 12 Apr 2002 19:43:39

MacMoose

USA
176 Posts
Posted - 12 Apr 2002 :  06:41:50
<moment of kindness>

Hell, I'll just give you one...e-mail me.

</moment of kindness>

------------------
MacMoose
Medical Spec., 68k MLA
Total 68K Macs liberated: 9 and counting
------------------
Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 12 Apr 2002 :  07:03:26
quote:

<moment of kindness>

Hell, I'll just give you one...e-mail me.

</moment of kindness>

comaraderie!

nice gesture, Moose!

jt

Go to Top of Page

noirwest

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 12 Apr 2002 :  10:52:30
Thanks man. I just sent you the note with my address on it. I also included a little backstory on where the machine is going and why and added I wasn't going to mention it in here but have had a change of heart. I get the names of single moms and dads and kids from tough situations who are really trying to make a run at a degree through a contact in the financial aid office of the university down the street. I have, mmm, 15 full-on cpu/monitor/printer set up and running now and at least that many more nearing completion. I dunno, I liked having them stacked up but kinda like this better. If they quit school or buy their own I pick them up and reissue them, complete with care and feeding instructions and feel good, a bit like an updated Johnny Appleseed.

Go to Top of Page

LeeMac
Trading Post Commander

USA
202 Posts
Posted - 12 Apr 2002 :  12:05:02
WOW ! That is a great idea! What a great way to help someone to move forward in their life! I know how hard it is working fulltime, going to school and taking care of my family. And I know how much easer school is with a computer to do the work on. Keep up the great work and I hope that other will follow in your lead. I will certainly try to do so.

General LeeMac M.A.C ( Mac Action Commando)
Trading Post Commander
68k's Liberated 0004
www.68kmla.comGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 12 Apr 2002 :  14:39:38
quote:

WOW ! That is a great idea! What a great way to help someone to move forward in their life! ........ Keep up the great work and I hope that other will follow in your lead. I will certainly try to do so.

amen to that! great work! you should keep a running wish list in the trading post in case the rest of us have extra stuff to send!

actually, a charity work/helping hand/whatever forum might be a good idea, shared info and efforts can go a lot farther! i've had several systems out on loan over the years to friends or their relatives who couldn't afford a computer, but this is a MUCH better idea for helping people to bootstrap themselves!

great work!

jt

Go to Top of Page

MacMoose

USA
176 Posts
Posted - 12 Apr 2002 :  16:51:16
I don't know how many PC's I've built in the last two years just to have a linux box, and then have my wife come in and ask if I had any to give to a needy individual or school. To this day, I've not kept one around long enough to learn a single linux command.

Charity starts in the heart...Go to Top of Page

LeeMac
Trading Post Commander

USA
202 Posts
Posted - 12 Apr 2002 :  19:45:22
Topic moved from Trading post!

General LeeMac M.A.C ( Mac Action Commando)
Trading Post Commander
68k's Liberated 0004
www.68kmla.comGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 12 Apr 2002 :  23:59:21
quote:

I don't know how many PC's I've built in the last two years just to have a linux box, and then have my wife come in and ask if I had any to give to a needy individual or school. To this day, I've not kept one around long enough to learn a single linux command.

Charity starts in the heart...

Uh huh! THank god Mum isn't that bad!

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6!!!

QFW68KPB Project SUCCESS!!!!!Go to Top of Page

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 13 Apr 2002 :  01:57:17
Thats what I am thinking

Jeremy

"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Hacks General
Macs Liberated:17
ENTER THROUGH THE GATESGo to Top of Page

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.