Lounge
 Faster than Windows!
Author Topic  
cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 10 Apr 2002 :  15:00:05
The seller of this Plus wants $65 for it, but for good reason- it's faster than Windows!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 10 Apr 2002 :  17:17:07
quote:

The seller of this Plus wants $65 for it, but for good reason- it's faster than Windows!

was that keyboard extension a regular mac accessory or just a MacCharlie accessory?

see: Meet MacCharlie thread in 68k Peripherals.

has anybody seen any info on this accessory?

jt

p.s. nuts! i wish i had been around, did you post this before the auction ended or was this a flat price item, how does that work?

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 10 Apr 2002 17:27:41Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 10 Apr 2002 :  18:09:05
That is the MacCharlie keyboard thingy! But no MacCharlie..

That's kinda weird though...wasn't MacCharlie for the 128k?

Also the Plus shipped with an extended keyboard (128k-512k keyboard + keypad). That plus has the old(er) keyboard...

hmmmm *strokes long, thick, black invisible beard*

That trackball is mighty nifty...Ti's 512k has one, if i'm not mistaken.....mmmmm...my Plus is already nagging me!

--------------------
keeper of the website and beholder of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™
--------------------

Edited by - FireWire is fast on 10 Apr 2002 18:09:59Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 10 Apr 2002 :  18:15:16
quote:

That is the MacCharlie keyboard thingy! But no MacCharlie..

That trackball is mighty nifty...Ti's 512k has one, if i'm not mistaken.....mmmmm...my Plus is already nagging me!

i already emailed the seller and asked for the brand-names of the trackball and extension, because i might make an offer. if it comes back "dayna" i'm going to try to get it for a hack/reproduction. please don't spook the quarry!

jt

p.s. i'm going to bid on a software package that includes the maccharlie disks!

p.p.s. i'm officially addicted, i nabbed a PAS 16 sound card for another hack! eBay is going to be the end of me, i can tell already!
at least i'll have a smile on my face!

p.p.p.s. it would be SO cool if the person who gave this mac to the seller forgot to include "just one little extra thing" now wouldn't it!

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 10 Apr 2002 18:21:36Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 11 Apr 2002 :  10:13:38
I didn't even notice the MacCharlie keyboard add-on...wow, if he's hiding a MacCharlie somewhere, it really would be worth more than $65!!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 11 Apr 2002 :  10:32:03
quote:

I didn't even notice the MacCharlie keyboard add-on...wow, if he's hiding a MacCharlie somewhere, it really would be worth more than $65!!

jt

Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 11 Apr 2002 :  19:02:41
quote:

i already emailed the seller and asked for the brand-names of the trackball and extension, because i might make an offer. if it comes back "dayna" i'm going to try to get it for a hack/reproduction. please don't spook the quarry!

The trackball is definitely Apple (I spotted the Apple logo on Ti's and this one is exactly identical). I am 99.99% sure that keyboard extension is of the Dayna MacCharlie variety...I guess you could say I have a sharp eye?

--------------------
keeper of the website and beholder of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™
--------------------Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 11 Apr 2002 :  20:24:43
quote:

quote:

The trackball is definitely Apple (I spotted the Apple logo on Ti's and this one is exactly identical). I am 99.99% sure that keyboard extension is of the Dayna MacCharlie variety...I guess you could say I have a sharp eye?

it looks that way to me too, but somebody might well have OEM'd it for them and it may have been available under other brand names, dunno, haven't heard back on my inquiry yet, drat! i wannit! i wannit! i wannit! dammit i wannit!

jt

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.