All Forums
 Lounge
 In the name of Geek-dom!!
Author Topic  
Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 02 Apr 2002 :  14:02:47
Ok, We must defend the title of geeks! I was heavily insulted today when referred to as a 'geek taht will get no where in life and should consider himself lucky if he finds ONE chick to date him his entire life' Like I said, I found this incredibly stereo-typical and insulting. So come on, we gotta let the world know we are all dead sexy and chick magnets !! ;)

Ok, taht was my output for being sent back to a windoze skool after a nice week break. Reply if you want, I'm just kind of in a babbling pointless mood. Woooooeeeeeeeee!!

~The Penguin, incoherent and babbling aboot pointless stuff as ever!

|Captain, Intelligence Operations|
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline Server

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 02 Apr 2002 :  14:42:17
Errr...........let's try to remember that popularity isn't everything. Geeks like Woz, Linus Trovalds, and yes, even Gates are very successful and are happily married, and I'm sure that they were never "chick magnets".
(I just posted that because I am not a chick magnet....)

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 02 Apr 2002 :  14:46:41
Geek and Sexy are not mutually exclusive. I have many times attracted women by means of my geeky ways.

Touche!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 02 Apr 2002 :  14:52:22

yeah, what ciné said. In fact, a recent girlfriend of mine said that one of the reasons she was attracted to me is because out of my group of friends, I was the 'alpha geek'

Sgt. Tallgeese
Thread Lord of Darkness
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

68k Macs Liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 02 Apr 2002 :  15:00:34
O well see you guys got to the point i batted around rather....incoherently. No we may not be chick magnets, and yes we may be geeks, But we use that to our advantadge to we not? I dunno i was just on a rather amusing streak at school today with this guy who happend to bring it up. Kinda funny cause we are best friends and he knows my g/f.......man do i know some weird ppl. But yes, let the geeking work FOR you, not against you! And godbless caffiene!

~The Penguin Strikes Back (sweet movie title that would be)Go to Top of Page

Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 02 Apr 2002 :  15:14:45

Wow... you really are tired aren't you

Sgt. Tallgeese
Thread Lord of Darkness
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 02 Apr 2002 :  16:25:22
quote:

Wow... you really are tired aren't you

jt

Go to Top of Page

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 02 Apr 2002 :  16:31:30
We'll today my first day back to school in a week and I wore my mac Geek shirt and hugged all kids up girls, see we are not chick magnets we have to let them be the magnet.....

Jeremy

"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops 68k
68k Hacks General
Macs Liberated:16Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 02 Apr 2002 :  20:44:13
Insomnia is a great thing. Especially when u dont remember why you started such a pointless, out of place thread. Feel free to add to my babling but there is not point, just a warning in advance. Kinda like the previews at movies. They tell you what its rated BEFORE you get content. a unique idea. Some one must stop me!!! i cant stop!!!!

~The Insomniatic Penguin now ripping up his tux

|Captain, Intelligence Operations|
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline ServerGo to Top of Page

titok16

USA
116 Posts
Posted - 02 Apr 2002 :  22:46:54
Yea, beein gooky has helped me mucho. well, not really geeky, but being super random and funny are cool. now i get to go to the prom and ride in a limo with a hot chick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 02 Apr 2002 :  23:21:58

Class traitor!

Sgt. Tallgeese
Thread Lord of Darkness
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 03 Apr 2002 :  07:30:36
Heck, that must be why I strcuk out... I didn't get a limo!

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
00014 Macs liberatedGo to Top of Page

Rexzilla

132 Posts
Posted - 03 Apr 2002 :  18:31:49
Yes it drives the goils crazy when you put new tape on your glasses and adjust your pocket protector :)

Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 03 Apr 2002 :  19:48:21
quote:

Yes it drives the goils crazy when you put new tape on your glasses and adjust your pocket protector :)

Go to Top of Page

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 01 May 2002 :  16:54:57
I'm not really a chick magnet, but I'm not very well known either.
I'm seen more on the internet than anywhere else!

http://scchicago.dynodns.net
MyForumOnDelphi:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/scchicago
NOTE:HL AND HTTP SERVER ARE ONLY AVAILIBLE WHEN I'M ONLINE
AIM:scchicago87
Yahoo!IM:scchicagoGo to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 01 May 2002 :  18:15:13
Alcohol can be your friend!

Mayor of NuBus City
Go to Top of Page

GORDOOM

Canada
208 Posts
Posted - 01 May 2002 :  19:21:53
I'm a bit late coming to this thread, but I will contribute my two bits, as it were:

It may not always be easy for geeks like ourselves to find dates, but when two geeks hit it off... let's just say it's worth the wait and leave it at that.
I discovered that for myself eighteen months ago, and now... well...

(Not to say that geeks and non-geeks are forever incompatible, but the women/men have to be able to appreciate our intelligence and single-minded Mac obsessions, n'est-ce pas?)

GORDOOM
Commander, Academic Operations Reserve
(University of Toronto, St. George Campus)
total Macs liberated: 14
(as of January 7, 2002)

"...the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."Go to Top of Page

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 01 May 2002 :  19:34:37
quote:

Alcohol can be your friend!

Mayor of NuBus City

What if I'm too young to drink? In school they tell us alcohol is evil and to stay away from it forever!
I'm really a geek, I'd say. A broadband internet connection and I'd be set.

http://scchicago.dynodns.net
MyForumOnDelphi:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/scchicago
NOTE:HL AND HTTP SERVER ARE ONLY AVAILIBLE WHEN I'M ONLINE
AIM:scchicago87
Yahoo!IM:scchicagoGo to Top of Page

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 01 May 2002 :  19:37:30
Well, geekdom is one thing... I don't quite fit in that category... Well by most people's standard of GEEK. I am good at pretty much anything I put my mind to, which geeks can be too, but I don't follow the crowd. And I don't let the crowd push me around. I'm bold and speak out and yell and scream like a lunatic and wear clothes that I like. Not what people consider geeky clothes, but not preppy clothes. Just clothes that I think are cool. Girls seem to dig my style. Sortof rambunctious. So I guess I'm somewhere on that very thin line of pure genius or pure insanity. I like to think I'm on the genius side, but I like to dip my foot in the waters of insanity quite often.....

Anyhow...

-
do you like green eggs and ham?*

*note - due to requests i put a dividing line in it looks like this "-" don't miss it... lol...Go to Top of Page

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 01 May 2002 :  20:57:34
I'd have to agree with foetoid. I've never thought of myself as a magnet, but then again I've never had any problems finding a date, and of course the one that turned into mate. Here's a pic of us at her mothers wedding: http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/stryder/

Don't label yourselves because of what you do, just enjoy being who you are. Every one of you here are Intellegent people that know how to think for yourselves, hence the favorite slogan, "Think Different". Besides, looks get you only so far as a foot in the door, but it takes intellegence to keep the interest going.

Go to Top of Page

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 02 May 2002 :  10:23:52
I've observed that male "geeks" in high school generally acheive 2 things:

1) alot more money later in life
2) pickup the more intelligent, desireable women in college and beyond.

I am a geek... In HighschoolI was a swimmer (geek =! non-athletic!), which helped in the girl dept. then...

And now people generally refer to me in ways like "Donald and his Harem" ,since I have this strange flock of fillies quite often.

And yes, I have a girlfriend.

~Marchie

ps: I'm sorry about theweird double spacing in this post... the iMac in the cafe here has a nice keyboard, but the spacebar is a little broken...

~Chaplain Marchie

Holder of the Compact Mac -
-Stick of Justice, with Explodeing CRT head

-Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.