Brightness Preferences Not Saving on Mac Classic

I got my Mac Classic up and running after a recap, and for some reason I can't get the brightness preference to save after a reboot or shutdown. However, other preferences like mouse speed, volume/sounds, and the date/time do persist after a restart or shutdown.

I've tried a PRAM reset with no luck. Also tried upgrading the system from 6.0.8 to 7.0.1 and neither are able to save the brightness settings.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Jimmy422

So the screen is too bright or instead dim ?

The Classic had no longer the external knob the previous models used to have, but removing the rear bucket, a potentiometer is present to adjust it.

Not saying it's the reply you were expecting, but worth a try.

7 hours ago, bibilit said:

So the screen is too bright or instead dim ?

The Classic had no longer the external knob the previous models used to have, but removing the rear bucket, a potentiometer is present to adjust it.

Not saying it's the reply you were expecting, but worth a try.

It's way too bright. I can adjust the cutoff potentiometer to make it dimmer, but I figured that the brightness preferences should be saving so the cutoff can stay properly adjusted.

5 hours ago, Jimmy422 said:

I can adjust the cutoff potentiometer

You don't really want to touch that.  There is a cover panel at the rear, above the power socket.  This is removable and, once removed, will expose a number of adjustment potentiometers - including one for the "start up" brightness.  The Control Panel setting is only temporary (during a power on session) -- the brightness will revert back to how you set it using the rear potentiometer.

2 hours ago, mg.man said:

You don't really want to touch that.  There is a cover panel at the rear, above the power socket.  This is removable and, once removed, will expose a number of adjustment potentiometers - including one for the "start up" brightness.  The Control Panel setting is only temporary (during a power on session) -- the brightness will revert back to how you set it using the rear potentiometer.

... Had no idea...