giolicious

Can you tell just by the serial number if an Apple Lisa mouse was made for the Lisa 1?

Can you tell just by the serial number if an Apple Lisa mouse was made for the Lisa 1 or was made during it’s time? They’re probably all look the same for all versions of Lisa but I just want to know. 

I'm not sure about the serial numbers, but the Lisa 1 mice had a very narrow button vs the newer ones that were shared with the Mac and Lisa 2's, and also a different DB9 connector hood (no screws).

see the photos here: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/apple-lisa-mouse-a9m0050-early-013519-1863798648

There's a few of these on ebay that are super expensive as well.

There is a formula for the serial number of Lisas that tell you the manufacture date and plant in a document called "Good Things To Know About The Lisa.pdf" from SunRem, but not sure that a similar scheme applies to the mice. It does appear that the newer mice that came with the Mac 128 to the plus had a different serial number scheme than what's on the Lisa 1 mice. And to add more confusion, they all have the same model number.

I wouldn't go by the serial number as much as the shape.

On 7/6/2020 at 11:57 AM, sunder said:

I'm not sure about the serial numbers, but the Lisa 1 mice had a very narrow button vs the newer ones that were shared with the Mac and Lisa 2's, and also a different DB9 connector hood (no screws).

see the photos here: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/apple-lisa-mouse-a9m0050-early-013519-1863798648

There's a few of these on ebay that are super expensive as well.

There is a formula for the serial number of Lisas that tell you the manufacture date and plant in a document called "Good Things To Know About The Lisa.pdf" from SunRem, but not sure that a similar scheme applies to the mice. It does appear that the newer mice that came with the Mac 128 to the plus had a different serial number scheme than what's on the Lisa 1 mice. And to add more confusion, they all have the same model number.

I wouldn't go by the serial number as much as the shape.

Thanks!