Kai Robinson

Reverse Engineering the Macintosh SE PCB & Custom Chips for 1:1 reproduction

Even if you just get binary read-outs it's a great help. I've got a 2ch/16 bit Agilent MSO (an old one), and in some cases it's been a fantastic help, but TBH 16 bit just doesn't cut it for 68k systems. I've got at least one reversing project that's stranded on lack of logic analyzer channels, so I'm a little jealous of what you've got.

I've been following (lurking) this project for a while and decided to create an account to say that this is a really worthwhile effort. I'd love to see similar undertakings for other 68K systems.

Just out of curiosity:  if you're going to be cloning the SWIM chip, would it be possible to make it so you can daisy-chain floppy drives like you can on the Apple II?  I don't know if there are other hardware limitations, or if it could be implemented via the SWIM chip.

On 10/19/2020 at 1:32 AM, Kai Robinson said:

@techknight I've not even started yet - between heart issues and easing back into work again, i've just not had the chance. Ie - on Saturday, I slept for 12 hours straight - i will give it a go this coming weekend though...

Oh wow. I am sorry to hear that has happened. Hopefully you get well soon and not catch this corona nastiness in the process, wish you the best :-)

Edited by techknight

On 10/19/2020 at 6:32 AM, Kai Robinson said:

@techknight I've not even started yet - between heart issues and easing back into work again, i've just not had the chance. Ie - on Saturday, I slept for 12 hours straight - i will give it a go this coming weekend though...

Your health comes first, rest up! The SE board will wait as will the rest of us :)