LukeIntosh

Trying to find parts for PowerBook 140 display Assembly

hey guys i have a powerbook that was badly damaged by a sibling and the upper screen has become damaged, The bezel and LCD itself are fine but im going to need a new EMI shield and back Cover, i may also need a LCD ribbon cable but i can solder a permanent cable in its place if i cannot find one. 

DSC_0332.JPG

I have a hole box on PB 1x0 series part's in to loft, I'll have a look at some point in the next couple of days and see if I have the parts you need

Edited by max1zzz

On 6/1/2020 at 5:52 PM, max1zzz said:

I have a hole box on PB 1x0 series part's in to loft, I'll have a look at some point in the next couple of days and see if I have the parts you need

sweet thanks a bunch hopefully all that needs dealing with now is the battery and Hard Drive

Do you have the original battery? If you do your best bet would be to re cell it, If not tbh I wouldn't worry about the battery, the 1x0 series will run just fine off just a AC adapter. The HDD is a bit more tricky as the 2.5" SCSI drives are very hard to come by, there is the SCSI2SD powerbook edition which will probably be your best bet

It might be the weekend before I have a chance to dig up the box of 1x0 series parts but I'll let you know once I have

On 6/3/2020 at 12:42 PM, max1zzz said:

Do you have the original battery? If you do your best bet would be to re cell it, If not tbh I wouldn't worry about the battery, the 1x0 series will run just fine off just a AC adapter. The HDD is a bit more tricky as the 2.5" SCSI drives are very hard to come by, there is the SCSI2SD powerbook edition which will probably be your best bet

It might be the weekend before I have a chance to dig up the box of 1x0 series parts but I'll let you know once I have

Thanks i thew out the original battery and hdd but im sure i can find another somewhere

Just had a look, unfortunately the only lid's I have got have broken screw mounts (I guess that's why they are spare) and I don't seem to have any LCD cables at all.

I'll have another quick look around as I am sure I had more parts than I have found but I am not hopeful that I'll find anything else

On 6/6/2020 at 5:01 AM, max1zzz said:

Just had a look, unfortunately the only lid's I have got have broken screw mounts (I guess that's why they are spare) and I don't seem to have any LCD cables at all.

I'll have another quick look around as I am sure I had more parts than I have found but I am not hopeful that I'll find anything else

its OK if the brass mounts are still in there i can gorilla epoxy them in place also im considering building my own LCD cable too

On 6/7/2020 at 6:38 AM, max1zzz said:

Brass mounts are missing unfortunately

damn.... well ill have to keep a look out for one do you have an EMI shield thingy though?

On 6/9/2020 at 10:51 AM, max1zzz said:

Yeah I do have the EMI shield, If you want it you can have it for the cost of shipping

that sounds Great! however im not quite ready yet if you could keep it asside for me that would be ace

I found a lid! It was of course in a draw of completely unrelated parts

If you want it it's your for £5 + shipping