PB145B

• Content Count

• Last visited

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

3795 profile views
  1. PB145B

Connor Mac Portable 3045 40MB Drives

It can bend the thin pieces of metal that the heads are attached to, causing a cylinder misalignment, therefore rendering the drive useless. It’s not a given that it will happen, but it’s not impossible, so letting them clamp together is best avoided.
  2. That’s too cool! Thanks for posting! Great to know at least one of those still exists.
  3. PB145B

Value of Umax PowerMac Clone

It’s vintage item. It’s worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Prices can be all over the map. Either way, that is a pretty cool clone. Reminds me slightly of ‘90s Compaq Presarios, which I quite like.
  4. PB145B

New SE and Miniscribe deep-dive

That could be it. Probably should have used a vintage Mac and Stuffit instead.
  5. PB145B

Resurrecting a few 128k/512k boards

Those are 256kbit so technically 512k total, but the Mac will still see 128k unless the board has been modified.
  6. PB145B

[Floppy drive] - Does anyone know why?

Isn’t this the same Classic you had to bypass the ground pin on the plug to make work? I’d say you have a severe grounding issue somewhere.
  7. I was actually referring to ScottBarret’s Mac SE prototype, sorry! But still, thanks for those pics too!
  8. PB145B

Fizzbinn’s Finds

Absolutely! I really like the original LC.
  9. Great! Thanks for that link. Wow, that is an old thread.
  10. Would love to see some good, detailed photos of it, as there don’t appear to be any out there. The Mac Plus brightness knob is really interesting. Didn’t know about that. I also didn’t realize it’s beige and not platinum! That is totally awesome. Always loved those smooth SE prototypes!
  11. PB145B

Resurrecting a few 128k/512k boards

That’s crazy that the pin-out is different on them. I figured that was the same on all 64k RAM chips. Hopefully someone can tell you why it isn’t working, or where there’s a good source for the proper RAM chips. I don’t know, unfortunately.
  12. Oh, that’s nice! Great score! Does it work? Thanks for the pics by the way.
  13. So the LC you bought is a prototype? Could we see some more pics?
  14. PB145B

Not Mac but pretty cool

Wow, that is a beast of a soldering station! Never knew such a thing existed. I can think of several instances where having two irons would be very handy. $20 was a steal. I may have to try and find me one of those...
  15. PB145B

Macintosh 512K revival

Thanks to @LaPorta for giving me an excellent deal on an original keyboard and keypad, my Macintosh 512k is now complete! Thanks LaPorta!