• Ok, now that I can see the board with the chip removed, I am spotting a few potential trouble spots for breaks. Where the outer pad is no longer connected to the inner pad and could have been the source of your problems. When soldering in the new chip, you added fresh solder from the tip of the pad and it flowed inward, bridging the breaks. (potentially).    Here is a diagram explaining what I mean: I marked in read the trouble areas, and marked in green the breaks  
    • YAY, serendipity rocks!  Found info on this during a ridiculous 24 page sifting expedition in Hacks & Development. Sounds like mouse function would be the impediment:     I'm wondering if the USB Wombat from @bigmessowires can bring mouse function back up to snuff at 20MHz? That's the target clock for my KLUGE (insane functional equivalent) I'd almost, but not quite wager its ADB input is a far cleaner signal than a 30 year old mouse can achieve? Thinking clock synchronization/bus speed borkness?
    • Hey All:   Is this worth fixing?  The socket has broken loose from its solder.  It did work until that happened.
    • Another cup of coffee later: OOPSIE! found BMOW's victory post:  
    • Cool! I'm the one that posted the 50 pin connector version of the other scsisd clone.  Cool to see that there are at least a few people with projects in the works for SD storage on old Macs