MacintoshMan1999

"(Error #-199)" Error Code

When I try to install 6.0.8 on my Quantum Grand Prix HD it gives me the error message:

"There's a problem with the disk"Ehman HDD."

Installation cannot continue. The disk "Ehman HDD" may not be a usable startup disk.

(Error #-199)"

I'm not sure what's wrong with it, suggestions?

674944926_IMG_14521.thumb.JPG.e24f7fb544c22ce86e6eba0e9943f7de.JPG

Have you formatted this drive recently? -199 represents a drive map error.

Alternately, try copying the files directly from the System 6 floppies to the drive. There is nothing to decompress on a System 6 disk so the files can be copied without any problems. If you have the 1.4MB floppies, just drag the System Folder over, then go to your System Additions disk for anything else you may want, like MacroMaker.

On 9/29/2019 at 9:56 PM, Scott Baret said:

Alternately, try copying the files directly from the System 6 floppies to the drive. There is nothing to decompress on a System 6 disk so the files can be copied without any problems. If you have the 1.4MB floppies, just drag the System Folder over, then go to your System Additions disk for anything else you may want, like MacroMaker.

For some reason the drive copy’s some files, but not others. It seems to not copy system files but does copy non-system files.

On 9/29/2019 at 9:56 PM, Scott Baret said:

Just to be clear, the hard drive info is:

2GB Quantum Grand Prix 50-Pin SCSI

image.jpg

What computer are you using, and what, if any, modifications have been done?

Have you tried to format the disk to < 2GB? Some ROMs don’t see more than 2GB correctly. 

On 10/10/2019 at 11:26 AM, jimjimx said:

What computer are you using, and what, if any, modifications have been done?

Have you tried to format the disk to < 2GB? Some ROMs don’t see more than 2GB correctly. 

It's A Macintosh Plus w/ 4MB of ram, I've made a partition that's exactly 2GB, I'll make it slightly smaller...