• Following the SE/30 schematics it should be possible to implement the same simple logic into the Mac II logicboard. The independent RAS lines going to the SIMMs originate from the same two RAS signals coming out of the GLU gate array just like the SE/30.   Everything that should need to be done on the Mac II is grabbing those signals somewhere from the logicboard and feed them into a GAL:   -R/W - UG7 17/GLU 52/ -RAS.A - GLU 78/UH14 2&4 -RAS.B - GLU 79/UH14 6&8 -CAS.LL - GLU 80/UH14 11 (original) or 5 (buffered) (all the CAS signals should be the same, otherwise the SE/30 approach would not work and it's using the same GLU gate array)   Then we remove R19 and R23 on the back of the logicboard to cut the traces between the buffer UG7 and the /WE pins on the SIMM sockets. We will have to inject our new /WE signal either into two vias next to the battery or next to UG7 where the two resistors have been before.   In the GAL we just make sure /WE to the SIMMs only gets activated when the accompanying RAS signal is active and keep it latched as long as RAS is there, no matter what R/W is doing from then on.   This hack is completely reversible, just remove the wires you tapped into places and solder the two resistors back on. I am going to try this on a Mac II logicboard I just got after I finish recapping it and will report back.
    • Yes!  It would make a splendid Raspberry Pi case!   c
    • hmmm someone should make STL files available and we can just 3d print this little baby gem for us  
    • Wasn't Minitel taken offline only a few years ago?   Has anyone come up with a way of emulating it?   And then, finally, it can work as a standard dialup modem in the US and elsewhere?   c
    • @Huxley  That's an Apple Djinn, by the way.  It was only sold in France.  I think it was a fax modem + Minitel gateway.  I've always wanted to get one, too, as I believe it still works as a standard modem even if (unfortunately) Minitel isn't around anymore