USA
63 Posts
Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  22:45:35
quote:

quote:

quote:

The si is a breeze to put back on, compared to say, a 6400, or almost any PC

Or a 4400! 8100! 800! 840!.

800's do get a bit of a dud reputation for bad cases - once the metal outside is off, I'm impressed by the rest of it - clips clips and more clips and it all falls to pieces.

Yeah, but how do you start it up while still having ready access to the logic board? I've tested out ram in an 8100 before and it was a pain up the ass...have to keep installing and removing the logic board all the time.

Yeah, the evilness of the 800 case combined with some clumsy repeated removal of an 8500 motherboard killed my 8500... A couple of those little surface-mount resistors just sheared off, and *poof*, no more stability.
quote:

quote:
The B&W G4 was 'innovative' because it finally got back to the simplicity that the 68k macs had all along...

Did they make a B&W G4, did they? I knew they made B&W G3s, and graphite and QuickSilver G4s, but not Blue and White G4s...

The original G4 was pretty much exactly the same as the B&W G3, only graphite instead of blue, and with a G4 proc slapped on the G3 motherboard.

Proud Liberator of over 25 Macintoshes!Go to Top of Page

ehurtley

USA
63 Posts
Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  22:47:21
quote:

"you have exactly 12¢ in your bank account. would you like to make a withdrawl?"

Nice sig... Once I went to an ATM and did one of those 'balance lookup' things, which said I had 90¢ in my account. The balance lookup costed $1. So they withdrew $1, and made me overdrawn by 10¢, which they then charged me $18 overdraft fee for. That was the most expensive balance lookup I had ever seen.

Proud Liberator of over 25 Macintoshes!Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 01 Dec 2002 :  00:52:40
I like the design of the IIsi, and now it runs very well... I'm looking for a program to serve websites under Mac OS 7.6.1 on it
I like it alot because of it's shape and size, fits perfect under my AudioVision 14" monitor stand, and converts well to a SuperMicroTowerette (littler than a Gateway 300!) and it fits real nice behind my bedroom door, if only I had eternally free electricity, and an HDI-45 extension cable, and a couple big SCSI HDDs, the IIsi would make a GREAT file/web/FTP/mail server...

I could install a BSD onto it.. and have the 1.2 GB drive... along with FTP and apache + whatever to make it run my forum software... HMMM... it might just become my new Intrikit Weaver

Official 68k videographerGo to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.