Lounge
 puter piccies...
Author Topic  
alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 21 Feb 2002 :  11:04:02
quote:

Yeah but the it wouldn't match...well, I guess it would be nice, it would even make it look like a 16"! Anything's better than weathered biege, in my book...

look for cheap black pc keyboard with same keycaps to swap! if you can't or don' want to find one, ignore (or gaffer tape?) the bezel and make a black shade for the monitor, i made a funky asymmetrical shade in multi-blue-hues for mine.

jt

Edited by - alcoa on 21 Feb 2002 11:13:53Go to Top of Page

macdaddy

USA
107 Posts
Posted - 21 Feb 2002 :  12:18:20
I did have a custom painted monitor, an Apple Color Plus Display, that matched my midnight blue metallic LCIII+, but it died [flyback xformer went out] two weeks after I got it done. I painted the keyboard frame silver, much like the one on the "Mercury" Performa 200 on Applefritter, but the keys on mine are still beige. I might give the clear spray enamel paint a try sometime.

Anyhoo, here are some pics of my beige G3 setup in my dorm, along with more pics of what my dorm looks like:
http://homepage.mac.com/macdaddy_01/dorm.html

macdaddy
68K Macintosh Liberation Army
68K Macs liberated : 9

Edited by - macdaddy on 21 Feb 2002 12:19:25Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 21 Feb 2002 :  12:23:19
Wow, it's good to see that dorms are ugly everywhere! I wish I'd taken more pics of my old dorm at CalArts, it was similarly decorated.

666th poster to the
68K Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Visit my site!Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 22 Feb 2002 :  07:07:53
Good to see that you have your scare of pizzaboxes, dana!

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 22 Feb 2002 :  07:44:46
quote:

Good to see that you have your scare of pizzaboxes, dana!

aye! the macs I loved when I first loved macs were 'cos they were so... flat. I don't think I need any more LC's... :D

perhaps a Q605 or two more won't hurt

:D

dana

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  06:52:20
quote:
A couple of the Ipex windows workstations where I worked once...
OKAY MY IMAC KEYBOARD IS DEFINATELY DEAD BECAUSE I JUST VOMITED ALL OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding...

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 02 Mar 2002 :  22:24:28
um....

--------------------
Spellcheck/Grammar Bandit and beholder of:
-the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™
-the HTML Keyboard of Greater Knowledge™
-Compact Mac Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip™

--------------------Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 03 Mar 2002 :  06:14:57
quote:

um....

indeed.....

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 03 Mar 2002 :  06:51:05
quote:

quote:

um....

indeed...

I find it really annoying hearing 'cute' defined as 'meaning ugly but interesting... look it up in the dictionary!' and I look it up and and and... it doesn't mean that, but friends repeat that like it's gospel..

oh. that didn't fit anywhere else sorry people :)

dana (waffling)

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 03 Mar 2002 :  06:55:12
quote:

quote:

quote:

um....

indeed...

I find it really annoying hearing 'cute' defined as 'meaning ugly but interesting... look it up in the dictionary!' and I look it up and and and... it doesn't mean that, but friends repeat that like it's gospel..

dana (waffling)

huh?

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 03 Mar 2002 :  06:58:04
quote:

quote:

huh?

Just me ranting :). It's a schoolkid thing... someone gets called cute, and all their friends chime in with "but you know cute means "ugly but interesting"... then as adults repeat the same thing over n over without bothering to look in a dickshunairy

dana :D

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 03 Mar 2002 :  07:21:30
quote:

Just me ranting :). It's a schoolkid thing... someone gets called cute, and all their friends chime in with "but you know cute means "ugly but interesting"... then as adults repeat the same thing over n over without bothering to look in a dickshunairy

'kay, the quotes were just there coincidentally when the rant blurted out 'n weren't germane to your comments?

jt *maybe just a little less confused now*

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 03 Mar 2002 :  07:24:10
quote:

'kay, the quotes were just there coincidentally when the rant blurted out 'n weren't germane to your comments?

zackerly :). the quotes were there cos - I was bringing things back on topic, while staying blissfully off topic - in a topic-free-forum.

kinda

dana

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 03 Mar 2002 :  07:32:23
quote:

quote:

zackerly :). the quotes were there cos - I was bringing things back on topic, while staying blissfully off topic - in a topic-free-forum.

kinda

dana

post a freakin' piccie!

*waddayathinkurdointryintabcutersumtn'?*

jt

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  03:58:40
quote:
Close, SAF = Spouse Approval Factor

I learned that term from my speaker-building days. It's most often used in reference to uncovered drivers. Most DIY Speaker-Builders like to show off their drivers, whereas their significant others tend to dislike having them exposed. Of course, if you have kids, covered drivers are a must (preferably with kevlar)! Even high-wall-mounted speakers with exposed drivers can be targets for toy-like projectiles.

Or as I would put it, the PAF (Parent Approval Factor). Everyone knows that if parents permitted, i would have a totally awesome setup, involving my PowerBook being permantely connected to the stereo, my LC630 permanantely connected to the Panasonic 51cm TV through my Presentation System, a loooooooong crossover cable running from the 630 to my iMac, and a serial cable running between the PowerBook and 630. My PCs would never have their cases on, and my LCII would probably have its guts spread out all over a table somewhere, hooked up to a monitor and keyboard, running, for show. All my machines would stay on 24-7.

However, due to the dreaded PAF, I only have the 630 on the TV and the 1400 on the stereo when my parents are out, my LCII never comes out of its case, there are no cables running between my room and the living room, and i turn my computers off every night.

What a shame...

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

Number of 68ks Liberated: 5Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  08:50:11
Indeed. It seems that us 68k soldiers are doomed to have either parents or spouses castrating our dreams of computerdom. Ahh to be single, self-sufficient, and have a bevy of macs to roll around with all night...tis a dream bittersweet.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  09:02:42
quote:

Indeed. It seems that us 68k soldiers are doomed to have either parents or spouses castrating our dreams of computerdom. Ahh to be single, self-sufficient, and have a bevy of macs to roll around with all night...tis a dream bittersweet.

you can drop the sweet part, cinemo, trust me.

jt

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  09:04:57

Yeah, I guess it would get pretty lonely pretty fast

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  09:22:11
quote:

Yeah, I guess it would get pretty lonely pretty fast

yup, bet on it, maybe the kid'll have a macaddict half-sib or two someday tho. that'd be cool, he'd make an awesome big bro'!

jt

Go to Top of Page

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  14:46:33
With me moving, I'm actually being ALLOWED to have a more extensive (and expansive) setup.

The TV and VCR in the basement will be connected to a Mac with video input and output (probably a 630 or something)

The stereo system in the basement has these stats:
3 tape decks
2 CD players
AM/FM Tuner
variable speed turntable
Mac w/ decent sound in and CD Burner that can also time record from X source (most likely radio)

Also, my mom is giving me permission (nay, instruction) to network the house... but I get to choose the network arrangement. Solution: 2x100bT per room, includeing kitchen, except for laundry room and bathrooms (because you only need one port in those rooms! )

If I get what I want, each room will also (on the same wall plate) have L/R Audio and Comp Video ports, connected to the system downstairs.

It's nice to convince the parents that Geek Is Good.

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie

Holder of the Compact Mac -
-Stick of Justice, with Explodeing CRT head

-Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 14 Mar 2002 :  19:09:46
Nice network you got there... when I get a house, I'm going to insist on big skirting boards/false floor so I can make retrograde improvements like STP 1000BT cabling when it becomes cheap, or fiber optic or whatever the future holds... I'm sick of PhoneNET!!!

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
00014 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.