All Forums
 Lounge
 Logo Votin' Time!
Author Topic  
SiliconValleyPirate

United Kingdom
273 Posts
Posted - 17 Oct 2002 :  16:53:43
Bigsadhu's definitely wins (i presume he's in the running). I almost suggested one in camo a while back. I think he's captured my idea perfectly.

--
Mark Benson

FlatPackMacs http://fpm.gotdns.com

2nd Lieutenant - 68kMLA, LC Quartermaster
Flat Packing Macs for 68k MLA airlift excercises
Macs Liberated = 14!Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 17 Oct 2002 :  17:23:02
quote:

quote:

I like JT's #1 one. Their is just something extra aboot it that just kinda made me like it, dunno what!

Me too...I really like the top one, the one with the stencil font for the "forums". Good work, Bigsadhu/JT!!!

I like the #1 variant even if it was that Albanian idiot's idea . . . :rolleyes:

But what happened to the very first one I sent you? The one where just the size of the top line of copy in Bigsadhu's logo was increased to center it? You should put that one up too, the red stamp FORUMS type he did is awesome. I'd like to see Bigsadhu add that to his CammieApple and the traditional line of type I beefed up from FW's logo, as in the additional versions where I combined their designs.

I'll email the first one to you again and my #3 to Bigsadhu so maybe he can add the 3d effect to the colorful rev of the CammieApple.

Too many choices, maybe the random entry generator should just keep switching them periodically.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

asan9000

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 17 Oct 2002 :  17:34:10
glad to know you like it too, shakitiman.

I'm still not sure what you mean when yo said that an outline wont work on a web logo...

Bigsadhu's is pretty nice, but im assuming you're not leaving it that size, right? Will it still look good scaled down?

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 17 Oct 2002 :  17:53:34
quote:

I'm still not sure what you mean when yo said that an outline wont work on a web logo...

Bigsadhu's is pretty nice, but im assuming you're not leaving it that size, right? Will it still look good scaled down?

It looked like you had a white outline on the small type, but it might just be anti-aliasing artifacts. I thought it detracted from its legibility.

I was thinking that I should snag all the graphics and scale them all to the same size, but I didn't have time. You made a good point about comparing them at the size they'll be used, not just at the same size as was my thought!

jt .

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 17 Oct 2002 :  19:10:49
I got the other one, JT. But, I'm tired. Here's what I'll do...tomorrow morning I'll have taken all of them and sized them the same and junk and repost all of them.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

asan9000

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 18 Oct 2002 :  08:30:10
quote:

quote:

It looked like you had a white outline on the small type, but it might just be anti-aliasing artifacts. I thought it detracted from its legibility.

Well, I just took the original logo and inserted my apple. So the text *should* be the same...

Go to Top of Page

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 18 Oct 2002 :  15:29:03
JT's number 1 is just about right!

(see my previous post)

/Mr Lynn

Curator of: SE (6.0.4), SE w. 020 accelerator (6.0.8), SE w. no HD, IIfx (7.1), IIci (bad HD); plus various PPCs in family (blue G3/350 is main Mac these days).Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 18 Oct 2002 :  15:41:24
I think the winner is Bigsadhu/JT's creation. It's essentially what we have now, but with "Forums" in Stencil font and a camo-apple logo. I was lazy and didn't have to time to standarize it but I will. I think we'll use that for a while but there's no real reason why we couldn't switch every month or whatever.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 18 Oct 2002 :  16:30:59
I like JT's #1 logo, but if you could make the edges more jaggedy on the stencil font, to make it more realistic.
just my $.02
CCC

Lieutennant Commander (Pronounced Leftennant)
Guardian of Obsolete Equipment
68k Macs Rescued: 2 Pluses, a 512KE, a Classic II, and a Quadra 650
Contraband rescued: Power Computing PowerBase 200, and a PM 8600/300
Apple // series rescued: Apple //eGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 18 Oct 2002 :  19:09:50
quote:

I think the winner is Bigsadhu/JT's creation. It's essentially what we have now, but with "Forums" in Stencil font and a camo-apple logo. I was lazy and didn't have to time to standarize it but I will. I think we'll use that for a while but there's no real reason why we couldn't switch every month or whatever.

I'm glad you folks like the mods I did on B's logo, the font is a custom adaptation I did of a Garamond Bold Condensed for the recurring jobs of one of my accounts. It's significantly heavier than what we have currently.

I've sent the outlines to Bigsadhu, the stampy lookin' fuzziness would be perfect for the Stencil Font "FORUMS" if he'll have time to work his magic on it.

I agree that switching the logo around periodically would be fun!

jt .

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.