Lisa 2 / Mac XL Capacitor Reference for PSU / Video Board

I'm in the middle of restoring a Mac XL. I didn't see a capacitor map online for these. So here is one  in case its helpful to others. Pardon the cob web filled PSU. I'll be cleaning that :)

In addition to these there are some axial electrolytic caps on the CPU / IO boards too. Those are:

(19x) 10uF 16v 85º 12mm L x 5mm D

(1x) 470uF 6.3v 85º 17mm L x 8mm D

(1x) 2.2uF 50v 85º 13mm L x 6mm D

(1x) 47uF 16v 85º 14mm L x 6MM D 

Video Board Capacitors (reduced).jpeg

PSU Capacitors (reduced).jpeg

2 hours ago, stepleton said:

Nice photos! It may be worth pointing out that this is the (superior) 1.8A PSU as found in the Lisa 2/10. The Lisa 1 and 2/5 use the 1.2A PSU, a completely different unit with different components.

I've actually found the 1.2a earlier version to be more reliable than the 1.8a PSU.  I don't recall their common failure points but the 1.8a always had issues.  In any case, this is a very useful thread for those looking to recap.  Thanks @elemenoh!

• 2 weeks later...

The original post doesn't cover C7 which is a .33uF 250v film cap. I'll add it with dimensions an lead spacing to an updated graphic soon. In the mean time, here's a photo of my recapped PSU. With a Hakko pump it was pretty painless to do.

1 (3).jpeg

On 1/5/2021 at 7:01 PM, maceffects said:

I've actually found the 1.2a earlier version to be more reliable than the 1.8a PSU.  I don't recall their common failure points but the 1.8a always had issues.  In any case, this is a very useful thread for those looking to recap.  Thanks @elemenoh!

Well, as if to teach me a funny lesson, my 1.8A DataPower PSU has just gone kaput --- it shuts itself off immediately after power-on. I have a rather noisy 1.2A PSU that I can use as a backup for now, but I'll want to get that 1.8A unit working again so that I can power my Widget drives. (I have an external PSU that I can use for Widgets, but that's mainly for maintenance work on the bench.)