Mac se/30 error

I am working on a Mac se/30 currently and I installed a Mac Rom-inator in the unit. On start up the Rom-inator screen comes up and then a you can choose R for rom disk or A for ram disk. Pressing the R it goes to a black screen and sites there. The hard drive is trash, soit has been removed from the equation. I put the original rom back in and tried to boot the computer from a boot disk and it boot to the happy face and then goes to a error id = 01. Any ideas what I am looking at? I am inclined to think maybe the ram is messed up. The caps were leaking I replaced them and cleaned up the cap mess.

That's a reasonable guess, do you have two banks worth of RAM to swap between by using just one bank? The stock ROM does a RAM test, but maybe it is not sufficient to catch the issue. Cleaning of the board needs to be fairly thorough when repairing for leaks, how did you clean it?

• 2 months later...

I found that I ended up having two problems with the Mac se/30, one was all the simms were different. When I ordered and got a set of simms that had the same speed that fixed one problem. The other problem was a bad boot disk that had a error one it but was not showing expect to stop booting. I had bought the rommnater from messofwires that has os7.1 on it and after I replaced the simms it would boot.