Compact Macintosh replica boxing price questions

Compact Macintosh replica boxing price questions  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What is the (approximate) maximum you are willing to crowdfund/pay for a replica compact Macintosh shipping box that includes replica shaped foam blocks?

• $30, I'll decline the shaped foam blocks, cardboard only please.
    • $100, this will likely require a non-replica foam design to be cheaper
    • $250
    • $500
    • I'd be willing to crowdfund even more than that.
  2. 2. Would you be interested in a reduced dimensions (approx. 50%) cardboard-only box for the sake of more convenient display of the box art design?

• Yes
    • No

Cardboard is cheap, but manufacturing replica shaped foam blocks for the compact Macintosh shipping box is going to have a substantial up-front cost that is difficult to amortize when selling in small volume like 50 boxes total.  It is possible to change the design to make it cheaper, but then again, I'm not sure if that would really be desirable because you might as well just substitute your own packing filler materials like bubble wrap and packing peanuts.

Also,  I'm curious to see how I should approach refining a foam blocks design for manufacturing.  If we do decide to proceed on some sort of foam blocks design being manufactured, I'd probably present a design first to get feedback and then open a crowdfunding campaign to see if we can cover the up-front cost of the mold production.

Alternatively, if you're just buying the cardboard, you may primarily be interested in the printed design and not care so much for having space for excellent padding during shipping and storing the peripherals, this is where the reduced box dimensions print comes into play.

Edited by quorten
Minor grammar corrections

Hello folks who have voted on the previous poll about what kind of boxing you would want, I could really use some of your feedback on this question about the desired price point.  This will determine which remaining design efforts (if any) will be pursued before creating a crowdfunding or group buy campaign for the product.  I'd like maybe 10 responses to get a good idea.