RSC-15APL CABLE

• 68kMLA Supporter
10 hours ago, Dimitris1980 said:

RSC-15APL

Yes, this is a cable that will go from a Roland device with an 8-pin serial port to a Mac's modem or printer port.  It looks like a pretty standard cross-wired serial cable (i.e., transmit goes to receive, receive goes to transmit), according to the wiring diagram here: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/141943/Roland-Jv-1010.html?page=90

Whether this is the same as a normal Apple serial cable I have no idea; I can never remember whether those are straight-wired or crossed.  Either way, it won't blow anything up if you use it in place of a normal Apple serial cable and it's wrong, it just won't work.

8 hours ago, cheesestraws said:

Yes, this is a cable that will go from a Roland device with an 8-pin serial port to a Mac's modem or printer port.  It looks like a pretty standard cross-wired serial cable (i.e., transmit goes to receive, receive goes to transmit), according to the wiring diagram here: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/141943/Roland-Jv-1010.html?page=90

Whether this is the same as a normal Apple serial cable I have no idea; I can never remember whether those are straight-wired or crossed.  Either way, it won't blow anything up if you use it in place of a normal Apple serial cable and it's wrong, it just won't work.

Thank you for the info. I have the Roland SC88 manual and it has the same computer cable wiring diagram. It seems that a serial cable is suitable for the connection but i am not totally sure. I have an extra cable and i will try to test it. If it's possible, i want to connect the SC88 with my Powermac G3 Minitower without using a midi interface device like the Macman Midi.