Photoshop 3.0 +serial # will not work (Color Classic)

Hi..

I have a Mystic Color Classic.  I am running 8.1  I bought the original disk and paperwork for Adobe Photoshop 3.0 from ebay.  Included was the serial number. 

I use Photoshop and I actually use my Mystic for work I do at home.  I have bought and used many different versions of Photoshop in the past, and Photoshop is what I want to run on my Mystic.

The install went perfect.  I came to a screen that wanted me to enter in all my data (serial #, name, address, etc).  I entered all of it.  I am hooked up to the internet.  I hit the enter key, and Photoshop said my serial number was invalid.  I re checked everything, and everything looked good.  I do have a letter or a number in the serial number that is either the letter "L" or the number "1".  I thought I had them mixed up.  I switched, but that did not help.

After the failed install, Photoshop said I would have two weeks to register, then the Mystic re booted to 8.1.  I launched Photoshop, but again, it wanted my serial number and name.  Again, I received the same error message that the serial number was incorrect.

After that I went to Macintosh Garden and search for Photoshop 3.0.  Many years ago, people would sometimes list a serial number that would work for some software.  But no serial number was to be found.

I looked on line for an Adobe phone number to call, but they only have email support for software this old.  And to tell you the truth, I do not think they would help me.

I am not trying to cheat anyone.  I am not trying to scam anyone.  I paid good money for the original disk and paperwork. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

mraroid

Thanks for the help.  I did do a google search and found a few sites with serial numbers.  None of them worked.  I did a google search for "Hackers Helpers" but was unable to find that website.

Could it be that the serial number is glued to a name?  For example, if I had a good serial number, would I need the same name that the software was registered under for it to work?

I sent the ebay seller a very polite email. I told him of my issue and asked if he had installed it in the past, or installed it and then un installed it, and a few other questions.  But the seller has yet to reply.  It is not like I sent him email saying I was going to leave him bad feedback or anything.  I was very polite.  I may email him again.

Thanks for the many tips.

mraroid

The name and company name are independent of the serial number. This program was released before that type of thing became very popular. 

The code is just a code. Not tied to anything at all. 

It is likely that you are inputting a wrong character if the code was successfully used by the seller.