Any interest in 16MB Mac IIFX memory modules?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Hyperneogeo! I'd been tracking this project back for a year now (when other people were trying their hands at making the moduless) but it took me quite awhile to restore the IIfx I bought.  Now that it's up and running, I was delighted to see that someone not only had ram, but put it up on Ebay for sale. Looking at this thread, I think it's your handiwork - white boards and four free dimm sockets!  So just wanted to drop you a line here and say "Thank you"!   - It's people like you who keep this community alive! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 2:35 AM, joshc said:

@hyperneogeo sent you a PM

Replied :)

On 10/17/2020 at 6:23 AM, Doccers said:

Hey Hyperneogeo! I'd been tracking this project back for a year now (when other people were trying their hands at making the moduless) but it took me quite awhile to restore the IIfx I bought.  Now that it's up and running, I was delighted to see that someone not only had ram, but put it up on Ebay for sale. Looking at this thread, I think it's your handiwork - white boards and four free dimm sockets!  So just wanted to drop you a line here and say "Thank you"!   - It's people like you who keep this community alive! 

Glad I could help out :)

• 1 month later...
  • 68kMLA Supporter

I only just got around to installing the 64MB RAM today...

And I can confirm it works perfectly!

I removed the existing 4 x 1MB SIMMs in Bank A, and replaced them with the new SIMMs, keeping the other 4 x 1MB SIMMs in Bank B.

Success...

IMG_0913.jpg.0cf2e1ab83389c0f8a0a7730f661a27a.jpg

2FC4FF3B-085C-4A45-A730-454CD290687F.jpg.5f5e9dea9ad4fbe482daf2a029bee8d2.jpg

Now, what to do with all this memory...

On 12/21/2020 at 3:07 PM, joshc said:

Now, what to do with all this memory...

I installed 2x4 a couple of days ago, and I must say it sure feels a bit weird running this many applications simultaneously, without hitting the ceiling, but very sweet too! Thank you @hyperneogeo ! (Oh, and sorry for using eBay.) 

r5tFmdi.jpg

i4acGRz.jpg

10 hours ago, ktkm said:

I installed 2x4 a couple of days ago, and I must say it sure feels a bit weird running this many applications simultaneously, without hitting the ceiling, but very sweet too! Thank you @hyperneogeo ! (Oh, and sorry for using eBay.) 

r5tFmdi.jpg

i4acGRz.jpg

Hah no problem, whatever you feel safest with :) That's one fine looking IIFX!

• 1 month later...