Should it be recapped?

looks like its nearly burned, so yea i would say that IC is shot. 

But that is the least of your concern. The bigger concern is the chain-reaction collateral damage potential that happened when the IC blew out. How many other parts went with it? 

Edited by techknight

I've heard Duos logicboards are timebombs... If one powers it with leaking caps inside -> little hope to make it work again even after recapping! I have a 210 I racapped years ago but... too late (it boots to the gray screen... when it boots!).

Edited by tjjq44

That means that board has been started up with leaked caps which is very common problem for people who pulled out those Duos and fire them up.. I have about 7 Duos that previous people have attempted to fire them up are no good - one day I am hoping to build 7 boards into one or 2.
Cheers

AP

• 4 months later...
  • 68kMLA Supporter
On 2/1/2020 at 1:32 PM, Papichulo said:

So i had leaking capacitors on top of this board and just found this chip like this, no other damage is it worth recapping the board or is the chip a hazard at this point? Thanks 

Hello! I'm re-capping my 280c and hoping you could tell me the value of the smaller (8mm) capacitor (labeled C6) behind the serial port? I’m re-capping my 280c, and that one’s markings are illegible. Thanks!

8 hours ago, sutekh said:

Hello! I'm re-capping my 280c and hoping you could tell me the value of the smaller (8mm) capacitor (labeled C6) behind the serial port? I’m re-capping my 280c, and that one’s markings are illegible. Thanks!

I got a leftover picture from that board. I gave up and tossed the board. Hope this helps if it dont theres a post on here about the types of caps for it

20200130_093439.jpg

aHBglCM6TO4xmitc.huge.jpg

20200130_093517.jpg

Edited by Papichulo