Powerbook150 hinges extremely stiff

After taking apart my 150, due to the display's bottom bezel detaching on the lower right, I found the hinges to be extremely stiff. I applied some grease but they remain incredibly stiff. After repairing the plastic and reassembling the machine the display bezel came apart again.

I can't find information on how to loosen the hinges grip which at the moment is so strong that it doesn't allow the display to be tilted without immediately breaking the bond that I applied. It should be noted that I was using JB-Weld Plastic Weld.

I inspected the hinge very carefully when I had it removed from the computer and the shaft showed no signs of damage or bending but that was a very good consideration indeed. Do you recommend a particular brand of electric motor oil? Thank you for the reply.

• 9 months later...

Not yet but I did ordered SuperLube 51010. Because I have so many other things on the go the package of Superlube remains unopened. I think about the project a few times a week so I know I have to get to it. I am privy to this post and once I get back to it I will absolutely update the progress here. It won't be soon but it will happen.

11 hours ago, Papichulo said:

i took the hinges apart used a drill to make the hinge hole wider used some vaseline to loosen it and made the other hinge completely loose so its only using one hinge.  is hard to explain 

Basically you bored the hole out so there would be less friction on the hinge axle ?

Edited by Challenger 1983