Is there a source for new batteries for these old machine?

If not, is there potentially a place where you can get custom batteries made? I know my friends have gotten custom batteries made in the past for various things. And it wasn't prohibitively expensive. But that said, this half memory could be entirely wrong. 

• 3 weeks later...

OOPSIE! My bad. I was going to point out the electrical components related to charging that CardiMax battery pack in the 1400, but had to run to work. Your picture is better as there looks to be a PCB involved as well, which may make things easier of harder. I have my doubts about one dedicated battery pack being compatible with another. In Duo batteries, re-celling with higher capacity cells gains nothing in terms of maximum charge level. The electronics in the BTI Batteries for Duos allow for higher capacity cell compatibility. It's not a matter of the individual batteries, it's all about the electronics in the various packs.

Now I need to bust open one of my 1400 bats to satisfy my curiosity. ::)

Edited by Trash80toHP_Mini
  • 8 months later...

I'm working very hard to exchange the cell inside my M4195 battery (it is equals to @AlpineRaven one). But I think I've lost my schematic to reconnect all things well. Is the schematic of @Trash80toHP_Mini equals to the original. Elsewhere, is there someone who can show me the original schematic of this battery?

• 7 months later...

I know I have started quite a flurry of activity on 2300 batteries in my other thread. My only other PowerBook is a 1400, and it looks like someone started a thread here about rebuilding these batteries. Was any progress ever made on this?

• 1 month later...