Help needed moving my color classic to WiFi

Hi folks...

I have a Color Classic Mystic.  I am using a LC 575 with a full 68040 processor.  I am running a CF2SCSI card for a hard drive.  I can dual boot to 7.6.1 or to 8.1.  I can surf the net when my CC is plugged into ethernet.  Elsewhere on this form is a thread called something like "web sites your classic mac can still surf". 

The new home for my CC is in a room about 15 feet from my WIFi router.  The job to run ethernet in this room would be massive.  I was thinking about plugging a unit into the back of my ethernet port and converting the CC to WiFi.

I think this has been done before.  I was unable to find info about this when searching this forum.

Can anyone give me some pointers on what hardware you used and how you set it up?  Or perhaps you know of a thread you can refer me to?

Thanks in advance.

mraroid
This is probably a dumb idea, but I thought I would toss it out and see why it would not work.
I saw several units like this on ebay:

I thought about buying one, and then plugging it into my Mac laptop.  I can use the laptop to configure it (add my WiFi password, etc).Then I unplug it.  Using a short bit of ethernet cable, I run some cable from the ethernet card in the CC, to this unit.  I have a device that I plug into the wall that will supply power to USB connectors. I use that to power the unit.  I boot the CC and then what happens?

If it were this simple, Others would be doing it.  Why would this not work?

Thanks

mraroid

5 hours ago, Johnnya101 said:

They do sell long Ethernet cords. May be easiest to just get one of those and unplug it and roll it up when you're not using it. (Trust me, you won't be using it 24/7) or at least until you feel like messing around with WiFi.

Johnnya101....

You are probably right.  I will look again at running etheret wire if I can not find a solution.

mraroid

3 hours ago, Johnnya101 said:

Also, you may want to look into Ethernet adapters if you really don't want a long cable. You plug one in by the router, plug an ethernet cable into that, and plug the other by the computer, and Ethernet to that. Cost about $30 for the setup I was using.

This is what i have been wanting all along.  Maybe I was not clear in my post.  I want to leave the ethernet card in my Mac, and then plug an adapter into it that would give me WiFi access to my router. Is this something that would work?  The device I postd a link to in my above post says it will work on blu-ray players that have no WiFi.  You plug the adapter into a computer to configure it, then un plug it, and plug it into a TV or a blu-ray player. 

mraroid

Not exactly what I was describing. Theres two adapters. One you plug into an outlet (Power socket) by the router. You connect it to the router with an ethernet cable. Now, plug the other device into a power outlet by the Mac, and then you can connect it to that device with an ethernet cable. 

Here are some examples

https://www.cnet.com/news/top-five-power-line-adapters-when-wi-fi-fails-you/

They may be a little more cheaper and easier to use. I have no idea though. Ive only ever used these for my old macs and they work great. I guess sort of what you said?