I posted a while back about a Macintosh CC that came into my posession with serious corrosion. Someone gifted me a board that needed recapping, and I finally just got it back from maccaps. I plugged it into the machine, heard a slight whine noise, and got absolutely nothing when turning it on. No fan, no chimes, no nothing. When I take out the board and turn on the machine, the fan does turn on. Does this mean there's a short in the board somewhere? The guy from maccaps assured me that it was working when he sent it back. What are the next steps? Thanks!

EDIT: There is currently no PRAM battery as I am waiting for one to come in the mail. I'm not sure if that's a major factor?

Edited by amstrudy

I don't currently have an ADB cable, but I am ordering one now. I've been thinking that the soft power should boot the thing, but the fan should start when the switch on the back is turned on, right? Is there any way to force a boot without the keyboard?

EDIT: If I push in the logic board while the machine is on (and the fan is running) then the fan stops. Sounds sketchy to me ...

Edited by amstrudy