FDHD External dimensions (G7287)

Update: Need to edit and re-print the rear cover, the holes for USB and ethernet are a bit too small, plus the ethernet port needs to be flush. :-/

100_1064.JPG.d902f416ec8697cab35c126bc815c346.JPG

100_1066.JPG.48d029893d2df1b953c57bb6c0142be5.JPG

So you could make a fluorescent orange external FDD?!?!

Cool. :)

I'd like to see if we can order some Navy blue and make a Zip-Drive sort of thing. :)

Make the whole thing black! Then use it next to a MacTV!

Part 1 is easy. Finding a Mac TV, on the other hand... :?:

OT: I love that zip drive blue color.

back on topic: Are you making a to-scale replica of the drive?

also is there a size limit on the printer?

It would be sweet if you could print the ADB mouse in translucent colors.. :-D

back on topic: Are you making a to-scale replica of the drive?

also is there a size limit on the printer?

A to-scale would use a lot of plastic and it isn't that cheap. That, and the Pi doesn't need that much room to begin with. The most scaling I've done is for the length, as it would just be empty space. I've left enough room inside for cables and a tiny fan, as the little Samsung System-on-a-chip generates a fair bit of heat.

When I print the new rear panel I'll probably add some tiny vents. The current one was originally intended for a DE-9 carrying a combo of A/V signals, but I ditched the idea in favor of using a single HDMI cord.

And yes, the printer is limited to a size of 1' by 1', IIRC.

It would be sweet if you could print the ADB mouse in translucent colors..

This is actually one of the first projects I'd considered. Unfortunately there aren't any translucent plastics for this printer, it's a bit old.

The case finished printing. Currently Re-printing the rear case and added cooling vents/larger ports. Due to a modeling error on my part, the case now has white stripes. It uses two plastics when printing; A white plastic for building support structures while printing, and black/other colors for the actual model. Why it added support structures mid-part is unbeknownst to me.

5a1d04b3248b9_2013-05-1609_14_00.jpg.f6443ea6a3523e97f3dd9420ca429610.jpg

I've heard that sometimes the support material is made to be water soluble, or at least weaker, in order to make it easier to remove. Therefore it could fall apart with age.

Are you sure that the model was not too large, so it added support material because it couldn't do it all in one go? (Sometimes even though the size limit is x by y by z that doesn't mean it can do something which is x by y by z all in one go.)