Just picked up (another) HD20

Again, it is has not been tested, but at least this one doesn't have it's data cable hacked off like the first one I bought last month, and yes I've been a slack bastard, and haven't tried out the cable from my spare 400k external floppy drive.

HD20s are an exceedingly rare creature here down under, but I've managed to pick up 2 in as many months!!

Yes, I know "rare" is a somewhat overused (abused?) term, especially on eBay, but down here in Australia the HD20 is, shall we say, pretty scarce.

I was almost going to pay over US$350 to have one shipped out of the USA, when the first one I bought popped up last month. Hopefully, at least, this one is operational.

I hope this one will work out for you ! I used to pick up external drives from our Value Village store. I picked up a HD20 and a HD40 @$7.99 each. I bought a TopDrive for the same price. I swapped in a 350mb drive into that one and it sits under my Mac Plus with O.S.7.0.1* on it. It really depends on where you are, when it comes picking up old Mac stuff. The external drives are a nice way to go and they lift the monitor up a bit and can resolve some heat issues.

I've daisy chained three of them and they work like a charm. I was reading through an AppleShare Administrator's Guide and it noted you could "attach up to nine hard disks in all - up to two Hard Disk 20's or their equivalent, and up to seven Hard Disk 20SC's or their equivalent" maybe this was just concerning AppleShare. I don't have a HD20 manual.

4241821761_37327e139e.jpg